your thoughts on the baddest 2.5" coil 15's...

Why does it have to be a 2.5" coil?
Because they fit the bill for my install. Slightly more efficient then 3" coils, most 5-750 RMS sub's are 2.5" coils, the power i plan to run would be to much for a smaller coil. I don't plan on using much more then 1500 RMS so I want something good on that power not under powered not over powered and 2.5" seem to fut the bill perfectly. Not to mention recones are cheap should I need to recone.

Guess I will be getting either 2 15" lethal injections or a 18 death row thanks to @VertexAudio ; gracious trade in credit. The death row will be near perfect on the IA 10.1 and the lethals will leave slight room for expansion as I can get another 10.1 down the road. The death row does appeal to my love of single sub shock and awe setups so I'm torn between the two at this moment.

[quote name='shauncox26']Guess I will be getting either 2 15" lethal injections or a 18 death row thanks to @VertexAudio ; gracious trade in credit. The death row will be near perfect on the IA 10.1 and the lethals will leave slight room for expansion as I can get another 10.1 down the road. The death row does appeal to my love of single sub shock and awe setups so I'm torn between the two at this moment.[/QUOTE]

Single sub ftw

[quote name='shauncox26']Guess I will be getting either 2 15" lethal injections or a 18 death row thanks to @VertexAudio ; gracious trade in credit. The death row will be near perfect on the IA 10.1 and the lethals will leave slight room for expansion as I can get another 10.1 down the road. The death row does appeal to my love of single sub shock and awe setups so I'm torn between the two at this moment.[/QUOTE]

Two 15s > 1 18

If they weren't both IA sub's I would chose the death row hands down. But they are and let's face it IA makes some mean sub's all the way around. I think the cone area would get more air moving. But I also could save some if I went with the 18. When it comes time I'll just flip a coin more then likely.

It has been decided, 18" death row going in. @Jeffdachef ; care to help with the box and tuning? Vertex said 7-10 cu with 8.5 being the average. I wanna go like 9 with 35hz tuning. Maybe bigger as I may be under powering slightly. 41.5w x 30d x 19h are max measurements sub up port up (to save more poor widdle hatch) can you help with design ex got the laptop and computer only a phone.

Because they fit the bill for my install. Slightly more efficient then 3" coils, most 5-750 RMS sub's are 2.5" coils, the power i plan to run would be to much for a smaller coil. I don't plan on using much more then 1500 RMS so I want something good on that power not under powered not over powered and 2.5" seem to fut the bill perfectly. Not to mention recones are cheap should I need to recone.
Hmmm not so much on the cheap recones. 3" parts are for easier to find from my experience, otherwise IMO your logic is sound.

Save up a little for the DDs, you won't regret it.

@hispls ; I have owned a 9515g and a 9510g with the esp parts and I know first hand I would enjoy the 2515's but I don't have a dealer within 70 miles. Making negotiating pricing a little more difficult to say the least. I'll be getting a death row 18 through vertex audios trade in program with little but shipping my items out of pocket. Later on I may get some 2500 motors and build some 15's.

Call atomic. They are excellent subs. Efficient reliable and sound good. Just not popular in the states.
There were quite a few people that ran Atomic in the past for awhile, IN the sates. I had one as well. Long time ago.

Please explain why they're no so popular in the US anymore.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']There were quite a few people that ran Atomic in the past for awhile, IN the sates. I had one as well. Long time ago.

Please explain why they're no so popular in the US anymore.[/QUOTE]

MSRP and lack of online retailers. Definitely high quality stuff though.

[quote name='shauncox26']@hispls ; I have owned a 9515g and a 9510g with the esp parts and I know first hand I would enjoy the 2515's but I don't have a dealer within 70 miles. Making negotiating pricing a little more difficult to say the least. I'll be getting a death row 18 through vertex audios trade in program with little but shipping my items out of pocket. Later on I may get some 2500 motors and build some 15's.[/QUOTE]

I saw a few 9518's in the classifieds here recently. May be worth a look. Nothing wrong with Incriminator either though.

Atomic has went down hill. There sub build quality isn't what it use to be... I know because my buddy had them OEM woofer for his company and they dropped the ball. There amps are top notch though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.