Your Thoughts On 10" Type E Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

JRoc
10+ year member

I have one already and plan on getting another in a couple weeks. Who here has 1 or 2 10" Type Es? Yall like em? Are you satisfied?

I am on a budget & wanted something that wouldnt break the bank, yet sound good. I have a single cab 99 Dodge Ram, so i needed something small. Couldnt go with a 15" or 18" sub. Was gonna get 1 or 2 Type Rs, but were told I wouldnt have enough room..unless I make a custom fiberglass box & might have to take out a seat or the center armrest thing.

I'm not looking for heart attack causing bass. I think these subs will suit me fine for a few years...untill I get another used truck(prolly will be a club cab/quad cab), so I'd have room for bigger subs.

I have bought the following:

Pioneer 5 1/4s

Kenwood 6x9s

JVC 200W headunit

Sirius Sportster Replay

10" Alpine Type E Sub

500K Cap

Scoshe Amp N' Cap Wiring Cap

(with 4 gauge wire)

The speakers & sirius & headunit have all been installed for months & love the combo.

And going to buy an amp(prolly Alpine) & a dual 10" box in a couple days. Then with my next check I'll buy the 2nd Type E sub and get it installed. Should all be installed within 2-3 weeks. I think the whole combo with cause deafness within days in my Ram.

2 Type E 10's in a small sealed box put out a pretty decent amount of bass... an ex-girlfriend had 2 in the trunk of her passat and they were impressive for a pair of 10's off of 400 odd watts. Her amp was a small hifonics but i can't remember which one... its been a while lol...

Awesome, if they sounded good in a car then it sould be even better in a single cab truck.

Yeah, I'm getting a sealed box.

Off Topic: How bout dem Cowboys? Spanked those sorry Titans.

I mainly listen to heavy metal/classic rock like Black Sabbath, Korn, System of a Down, Led Zep, Mettalica, Pantera, etc...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.