Your Recommendation

ColterDC
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SLC
I have 3 cars and I'm getting sick of carrying the cd case back and forth or burning 3 copies of every cd I own. Looking to get some sort of mobile device (not a phone) to carry my music on. All my cars have the AUX input option.

Don't need anything fancy, but want something reliable, good storage size and also something that I don't have to upgrade every year and thus spend hours reloading all my music onto it.

What do you guys recommend?

theres a new thing out apple makes them...ipod i think its called. but idk i still live in the stoneage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i still live in the stoneage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I don't use a cell phone or ipod. Every single person I know has both, but I refuse to give in.

I did have a zune once, but I traded it for a PSP that I sold shortly afterward...

There are a lot of MP3 players on the market that will satisfy your needs just as well as an ipod but cost a lot less. I personally like Creative Zen. I bought a refurbed 4gb micro from them for like $30 and love it, obviously a brand new one will cost a bit more, but the point is you don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for a decent MP3 player.

theres a new thing out apple makes them...ipod i think its called. but idk i still live in the stoneage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Smart *** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There's several types and versions of ipod available, not to mention several other brands, thus why I asked.

I guess I've been in the stone age as well. So I don't know alot about ipods/mp3 players. Just want something that I can load all my cd's and download music on and I also don't want to have to upgrade it every year.

why would you think you'd have to upgrade it? buy 1 and keep it for years. hell i bought mine from my g/f's son 2yrs ago and he had it for about 2yrs before that. i've gota 32gig. i've got almost 1100songs at least half are @ 320 bitrate and still only used 7 gigs. when i got it i wished i woulda gota it yrs earlier. i didn't think it would sound as good as the cd, but you can't tell the difference. so you don't need that big of one. i would geta 16 gig.

Zune > iPod
my brother just paid $160 for an 8G iPod Touch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
can zune do everything an itouch can? net, apps, games, hd video, high resolution pics, web cam, etc etc.

dont get me wrong, im not a huge apple fan but u cant compare them imo

the new zunes can do pretty much everything an Itouch can, my sister just got one... personally I'm sick of apple every Ipod I've ever owned has quit working in one way or another

can zune do everything an itouch can? net, apps, games, hd video, high resolution pics, web cam, etc etc.
Who gives a fuck? It's an MP3 player ffs, not a computer. OP wants something simple he can load his music onto, not something he can do his taxes on.

who gives a fuck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

your life is pretty sad if you sit around using worthless apps on an iPod. any decent cell phone/smartphone will have internet & email.

the point is he paid $160 for an mp3 player that holds about 2k songs when he could've got a zune that holds 40k songs for the same price.

ya mp3 players are nice i went out with cd's awhile ago i picked me up a 4th gen ipod nano 16gb for 30 dollars cause the headphone jack is messed up but my deck use's a usb cord anyways

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.