SQ Guru's chime in

hrtbrk1
5,000+ posts

1ManWreckinCrew
well i want an sq setup but am very limited to what im doing...i have a 90 4runner and what to keep it as stock as possible

what would you guys recommend me do.

equip i have and will use

sax200.4

cd8455

eclipse sw8000

my dilemma. i can only use 4"speakers up front in the dash and 5.25 in the cargo area...the previous owner cut out to fit 6x9s i think..

so what speakers/tweeter/midrange/midbass combo do you recommend. i know i wont be able to have all of that but whatever you guys think will sound best.

this is top candidate

http://pnw4runners.com/tando/pods.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, IMO make some fiberglass pods that will hold a small format dome mid, and a nice tweet at the A pillar and windshield intersection. Otherwise it is simply gonna **** with the stock placement.

i dont have much room there but i will try..also what kind of tweets should i use? got any recommendations?

also i was gonna buy the diamond audio 4"component set but i like your idea here

i would get some of those prefab speaker pods and you can glass them on with little work. also DLS makes a nice set of 3ways I think. if you seal up your doors right 4inchers will give good midbass though.

prefab speaker pods??? well the 4inch isnt in the door //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but i guess i should learn how to glass now lol...i dont mind putting work into it...but the more time it takes, the longer ill have to put of the build.

as for the eclipse...those look nice!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.