your alarm for your car

B@SSAN8OR
10+ year member

plexiglass is tha shiznit
im the alarm installer at the shop i work for and one of the things we do is install airhorns into our cars cause no one else will do it, and the sirens that come with alarms **** and no one bothers to listen.

for my car i will have 3 total sets of air horns. it will have the prestige 996a alarm with 2 way transmitter, along with remote start and window modules. i will have one set of air horns installed in the engine set up with the normal siren output they are also tied into my horn.

another set installed under the passenger seat tied into a pressure plate on the drivers seat. another in the truck hooked up to a seperate pinswitch for the trunk only.

then they will all be wired into a pin switch on the dash to protect the brain.

next i will have my license plate drop down with an actuator along with alternating police lights behind it tied into the e brake release switch. so if they do get away with my car it will not have the license play showing and it will have police lights on it. cops dont like that much.

what do you guys think of that alarm???

with most alarms the siren is soo quiet that you dont care. with air horns going off you will be like wtf is that. and you just tell your neighbors that if this goes off someone is messin with my car.

also it will not have a shock sensor so bass or vibration will not set it off. it might have either a prox sensor or a cabin pressure sensor.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure ... definitely not a vehicle I would want to steal.

I'd be interested in what pieces you wind up using //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

i mostly want to do it to have a sick alarm and to have it to show off to customers to day this is what i can do for you.

and what do you meen by what pieces?

lo jack is gay as fak.

my boss used to work for lo jack. you know how to install it.

it is a box that sits dorment in you car with 2 wires hooked up to it a ground and a positive. hook it up to positive and your done. then you call when your car is stolen. but if you take out the battery lo jack doesnt do ****. so what then. when you have 3 sets of airhorns going off which adds a total of 9 db to it along with police lights then you dont want to be in or around the car

also lo jack is like 1grand to get in your car i dont want to pay for that ****. when i can get everything at cost and install it myself. and then sell it to people

thats if they can get to the battery before anyone notices them. have you ever been next to air horns???? try and disconnect them when there are 3 sets of them going off in you ear. its not very fun.

also someone will notice before that happens.

if you set off your own alarm with that on there you are dumb. it will not happen.

so if you want to try and steal my car after i put that on then i would like to see you try and then laugh at you after your ears start bleeding

also its not that hard to put a second battery in the car for them to run off of

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.