you first time with speaker imaging

wilzyx
5,000+ posts

village idiot/racist
i was just messing around in my moms car and i put the fader on mostly to the front because everyone on here says thats the best imaging and stuff, but to me it just sounds wrong. without the music coming from all around me it was just weird sounding. am i just used to haveing speakers come at me from all 4 corners and will get over it or do some of you guys actually prefer this to just a nice frontstage with little/no rear fill?

Well at the end of the day it's about what you like. But I prefer a front soundstage only and every car I've owned has been setup that way except one which was just totally lacking midbass so I ran some rears from 100hz to 300hz to help that out. It sounds like something that you just need to get used to. If you get your system setup right you will notice things you've not heard in your music before and I'm sure you'll enjoy it more. Also don't judge this kind of setup off of your moms factory deck and four.

Do you sit in the middle of the stage during a concert?

I know some people truly prefer to have a little ambience behind them, but until you've sat and experienced a real front soundstage, you really don't know either way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

how i learned was... when you are at a concert, where is all the music coming from? from the front or the back? The front m8.

I say be selfish with yourself lay the front stage and who cares about who rides in the back.

-dante

Ahh yes, nothing accentuates the defeat of being beat to "shotgun" like knowing you'll be sitting in the back, blasted by subs, with no mids or highs to reference the sound to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I personally, have always enjoyed rear fill. Depends on the recording, and depends on what speakers you have in the front and in the back.

Ahh yes, nothing accentuates the defeat of being beat to "shotgun" like knowing you'll be sitting in the back, blasted by subs, with no mids or highs to reference the sound to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I personally, have always enjoyed rear fill. Depends on the recording, and depends on what speakers you have in the front and in the back.
who drives from the bac seat?

You know I used to think I liked 4 speakers, but it was just what I was used to, I set my fader to the front for like3 weeks and forgot about it, i was going thru the menu on my deck and noticed it was faded all the way to the front, so i decided to try fading it even with the rear

Oh the horrid noise that came from it

Front stage pwns

Rear fill is teh ghey

give it a shot

i was just messing around in my moms car and i put the fader on mostly to the front because everyone on here says thats the best imaging and stuff, but to me it just sounds wrong. without the music coming from all around me it was just weird sounding. am i just used to haveing speakers come at me from all 4 corners and will get over it or do some of you guys actually prefer this to just a nice frontstage with little/no rear fill?
I agree with you to a certain point, I did the same with my factory speakers in my Celica and it sounded like crap. I was wondering why everyone only went with a front stage and not rear fill, but i thought i would try it out. Installed my Rainbows Soundlines up front, disconnected the rear speakers, added a sub (all amped of course). I then powered it up and it sounded a little off. Changed the phase of the sub and level matched, to me it sounded sooooo good. They sounded way better than all 4 factory speakers going on. I am so happy how everything turned out.

Cliffnotes: 2-Way Frontstage w/ no rearfill+ Sub >>> factory 4 speaker surround

By just fading the stock speakers up front, you wont get that same kind of staging/imaging everyone is talking about since most stock system stages low to the ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.