Yep,thats right. Another noob to the audio world. Questions on my setup.

i went out and bridged it like shown in the last picture i posted. cranked it up and let it run for 10 minutes,didnt go into protection mode. Did notice it sounded better.

One issue i have is one of the subs has been "repaired" Someone covered half of it in some black glue stuff. Not sure if its even audio material. But im sure it affects the sound. Time to buy a new sub. Do i have to run the same subs as a pair? or can it be 2 different kinds with possible using one say 250 rms and one 200 rms..

I have 2 ports on the back of the box,i guess doing this il only use 1 set of em?
That depends on how the speakers are wired inside the box.

More than likely if you only use one of the "ports" then you'll only be connecting 1 of the subs.

In other words you may need to pull the subs out and see how they're wired in the box and correct it. Otherwise YES wire it exactly how that diagram shows and you should be good!

One issue i have is one of the subs has been "repaired" Someone covered half of it in some black glue stuff. Not sure if its even audio material. But im sure it affects the sound. Time to buy a new sub. Do i have to run the same subs as a pair? or can it be 2 different kinds with possible using one say 250 rms and one 200 rms..
You should always try to run the exact same sub pairs. But if the repair was done correctly, you don't even need to replace the current sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.