XXX making amps go into protection

misterio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
Ok so I have proved that my XXX is the problem in my system. I have the Hifonics Brutus 1500 amp and when I would turn the volume to a certain level the bass would stop and the amplifier would go into protection mode. I know its not my amplifier because I tried several other amplifiers on my XXX and they all went into protection mode.. So what is wrong with my XXX? It isn't wired incorrectly, i know that. Is it blown?

ThankS!

I've never had any problems with my 12" XXX. I'm running mine @ 1ohm also, but never has it made my amp go into protect. Is your ground tightly secured to the ground point?

Ok so I have proved that my XXX is the problem in my system. I have the Hifonics Brutus 1500 amp and when I would turn the volume to a certain level the bass would stop and the amplifier would go into protection mode. I know its not my amplifier because I tried several other amplifiers on my XXX and they all went into protection mode.. So what is wrong with my XXX? It isn't wired incorrectly, i know that. Is it blown?
ThankS!
A flaw in the voice coil could cause what you describe, you must keep in mind though that almost any amp will go into protection if you crank it high enough.

Yea, also if you hav ewit wired at 2 high of an ohm load.
I horribly dispise you...

Your typist skills are HORRIBLE... And on top of that you spit off incorrect information.

If it is wired at a high impedance, then it would not send the amplifier into protection mode, if its wired at too low of an impedance (that your amplifier may not be stable at) then it would go into protect. But the Hifonics is 1 ohm stable...

I know it has nothing to do with my wiring. I have 4 gauge on my hifonics and i know that is good enough. I have tried several other amplifiers, even in different cars with different wiring and this XXX sends everybody elses amp into protection mode as well. If the gains are low and the volume is low the sub will hit a little bit, but as soon as you turn up the volume or gain a little, (i know how much is too high, im not stupid) there goes the red light (protection). So i know for a fact the problem is in the subwoofer. It is a QUAD VC wired into 1 ohm according to the RE website instructions.

Ok so my friend told me to take the cone off the XXX and see if I could re-wire it but the wires are piled with a black silicon like substance which is extremely hard and Its extrememly difficult to get to the wires to re-solder them... I have nothing else in mind that could fix it... I might have even already went to far and messed it up, if i did, **** it ill just buy a different subwoofer and throw this POS XXX away. Any ideas?

well ima watch the rosebowl game today so forget tearing apart my XXX for today, ill worry about it tommorow, GO LONGHORNS!!!

well ima watch the rosebowl game today so forget tearing apart my XXX for today, ill worry about it tommorow, GO LONGHORNS!!!
i heard that, the orange bowl was a good game last night, kickers couldnt get it in the upright to save there lives

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.