Xtant X604

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Like New - Mint

Price:

$600 shipped for the pair

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Will ship within 2-3 days via Fedex ground

Item Pictures:

Will post pics tonight, I have pics but I forgot to add a piece of paper with username and date.

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Older one or newer?
Old School amps - way underrated; the xtant could probably put out around 1400-1500 watts of clean power @ 1ohm and has been known to run down to .5ohm (although, not recommended)

Xtant X1001 Amplifier

Xtant X604 Amplifier

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Also, throwing in extra sip chips if I can find them in my garage...

Old School amps - way underrated; the xtant could probably put out around 1400-1500 watts of clean power @ 1ohm and has been known to run down to .5ohm (although, not recommended)Xtant X1001 Amplifier

Xtant X604 Amplifier

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Also, throwing in extra sip chips if I can find them in my garage...
Those aren't exactly the older ones, they were the 04 models i believe. the old models had square holes on the top case.

Those aren't exactly the older ones, they were the 04 models i believe. the old models had square holes on the top case.
Yeah you're talking about the 1001dx and the 604x older ones with square holes, those are awesome amps as well. Only difference is that the 1001x will put out 1000 watts @ 2 ohms compared to 1001dx putting out 500 watts @2 ohm and I believe the 1001x would def put out more power at 1ohm. I've heard the 604x is better than the x604 but, never seen any concrete evidence as to why. Worked wonders for my interiors so I definitely couldn't tell.

This is not a bag on your sale thread, but a clarification of the amps. I've ran, bought, sold, and repaired xtant amps for over 13 years.

the X1001 and X604 were made by MTX and have higher THD and lower overall quality.

the 1001x and 604x were the original xtant amps with higher quality. 1001dx did 1000W @ 1ohm.

difference:

1001dx has X1001 has

common prices for the older (better) versions are around $250 each, consistently over the past 5 years (condition and parts missing change value).

the difference in quality is instantly evident in the specs (and with a listen).

the amps rated THD at 4ohms all channels driven 20-20k at rated power

older amps were 0.04% THD

the newer amps are 0.2% THD.

Freq Response

The older amps was 5-50kHz

The newer amps are 20-20kHz

prices for the older (better) 604x are also in the $250 range.

the amps were built much cheaper when MTX started making them - used cheaper parts. this is evident when you hear them.

the older amps are transparent - the sound is uncolored and very revealing/natural. I love them and use them.

the newer amps sound like typical MTX amps - nothing special but coloration is evident. Might as well buy MTX for less.

the newer amps do have improved build consistency and the power supply is solid. the regulated power supply means rated power is achieved regardless of input voltage. this is an awesome feature that very few amps ever made have.

MTX fixed some component placement issues that older versions suffered. it's just too bad they cheapened the component quality.

This is not a bag on your sale thread, but a clarification of the amps. I've ran, bought, sold, and repaired xtant amps for over 13 years.
the X1001 and X604 were made by MTX and have higher THD and lower overall quality.

the 1001x and 604x were the original xtant amps with higher quality. 1001dx did 1000W @ 1ohm.

difference:

1001dx has X1001 has

common prices for the older (better) versions are around $250 each, consistently over the past 5 years (condition and parts missing change value).

the difference in quality is instantly evident in the specs (and with a listen).

the amps rated THD at 4ohms all channels driven 20-20k at rated power

older amps were 0.04% THD

the newer amps are 0.2% THD.

Freq Response

The older amps was 5-50kHz

The newer amps are 20-20kHz

prices for the older (better) 604x are also in the $250 range.

the amps were built much cheaper when MTX started making them - used cheaper parts. this is evident when you hear them.

the older amps are transparent - the sound is uncolored and very revealing/natural. I love them and use them.

the newer amps sound like typical MTX amps - nothing special but coloration is evident. Might as well buy MTX for less.

the newer amps do have improved build consistency and the power supply is solid. the regulated power supply means rated power is achieved regardless of input voltage. this is an awesome feature that very few amps ever made have.

MTX fixed some component placement issues that older versions suffered. it's just too bad they cheapened the component quality.
Thats what I thought too, these were after being "bought out" or whatever, but still nice amps.

The 1001DX was one of the most solid pieces of car audio I have ever owned.

I sold it to a friend looking for something special and he left the cover off in his trunk and it flipped on the amp while running and fried everything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

GLWS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.