XM or Sirius Radio?

well first off ive never heard Sirius befor....

i just got my XM put in about a week ago and its actully kinda cool....

it has every single kind of music immaginable....

most dont play any commericals and if they do its like 2 min. every couple of hours....

if u dont mind paying $9.99 a month then its actully a cool thing to have in my opioion...

good luck

Talking to people locally, I have heard XM is the way to go, but nobody seems to be able to tell me why. Satisfaction levels for both systems is apparently well over 90%, which is extremely high. My HU is XM Ready, so I guess it's a no-brainer, but I didn't want to make a huge mistake and get something I would despise.

xm has market share. I think eventually xm will buy sirius, and then xm will bankrupt. I like my xm but its not as cool as it used to be. They need to bust out some new hardware for pioneer with better channel surfing ability so you can preview the song title on a preticular channel before you go to it.

At any rate, sirius has no commercial on the music part.

its basicly going to boil down to= COKE or PEPSI?

i'm out.

I think the question boils down to: what does your hardware currently support? If you're looking to get a new HU anyway, then it unfortunately becomes a business question: which company is still going to be around this time next year? Neither Sirius or XM are in good financial shape, and while XM has the market share, I've heard a lot of reports that they may not make it past the end of the year. But I'm not so sure on that, so don't hold me to it (sorry). While I think that sattelite radio is a great idea, I can't help but think that it's going to go the way of sattelite phones -- expensive to get started; costly to own at first, then relatively easy/cheap to own; but ultimately unprofitable for the founding company. Now, I admit that putting a single XM/Sirious sattelite up is cake compared to the 30 or so for the phones, but the costs are still very high (no pun intended).

Getting back to my point (sorry to get O/T) -- XM is most likely to survive in the long run because of current market share, but that's not for certain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.