Biggest waste of $ in audio you've had...?

wesleysh
10+ year member

Senior VIP w/large Member
Michigan
What car audio product was the biggest waste of money you've ever bought. Either because its overpriced, got stolen immediately, you broke it, it didn't work, you paid retail, or it was so bad they should have paid YOU to take it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I had a Sony 4 channel amp, the 754Hx (75 x 4). I paid $400 for it.

Sorry, I don't experiment a lot so that was the best I could do. But I would like to hear others. I once bought a golf bag with one of those special stands for $225 though. The stand fell apart, the strap ripped and the padded shoulder tore so the stuffing came out. This was all in two weeks time, and I had only used the bag 3 times.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The biggest waste of money for me..... way back during my installing days. I scrimped and saved every penny I could. For like 6 months to buy a brand new fosgate power 1000. I don't know if anybody remembers, but these amps were bad a$$. Got a he!! of a deal $1700 brand new. I had just bought it. Had it for a day or two powering 4 old punch 12's. Left my car in the installation bay overnight. So that I could come in a little early and clean up the wiring. I came to work the next day about 2 hours early to find the store had been broken into. They stole a whole bunch of kicker, and fosgate merchandise. And used my car to carry it all away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

I havent had any problems like that so far but my friend has a Rodeo with 4 Cerwin Vega stroker 12s (or was it 6?) anywayz, they stole his strokers. And of course, people cant do anything and keep quiet about it. so word got out and my friend stole his strokers back along with the 5.34 cent he had in his ash tray. I thought that was pretty funny, it was a while back though.

Hmmm biggest waste of money for me? Uhh a blapunkt HU that the next week the amp went out on. And paid 290 for it and got another in the mail and guess what outta 1 in a million it happens to me lol the amp goes out agian. That was a few years back though.

my friend had been talking big about his system so a bunch of other guys at my school were gettin fed up with his braggin. so instead of stealing his system they just broke into his car took out all of his stuff, broke it all, soaked it in water, then crammed everything back into the sub box. ouch.

Biggest waste of money so far for me was the Legacy 6 x 9's. I had never heard anything bad about them (prolly cause I didn't ask). I paid 40 for the pair. They worked really good for about 4 months. Then the woofer blew. So I sent them back. And I got a pair that BOTH woofers were blown right out of the box! And the slip they sent said they were replaced! This got me more than a little mad. So then I decided to try just one more time. I got a brand new pair. And they looked different in someway. I've had them for about a month now and they aren't so bad, YET.

I'm expecting them to blow at some time. But over all the worst 80 bucks I've spent, not just in car audio but EVER.

the biggest waste of money for me would be my blaupunkt subs, they arent that bad and were only 60 bucks, but i desperately want bigger better ones because these can barely handle 300wrms, either those or my ford contour- worst car ever made

Originally posted by Daniel the biggest waste of money for me would be my blaupunkt subs, they arent that bad and were only 60 bucks, but i desperately want bigger better ones because these can barely handle 300wrms, either those or my ford contour- worst car ever made
The first Juggernaut I bought used knowing it had a blown voice coil. I got it fixed by MMATS, then 2 weeks later the thing needed to be rewired and reconed. I could have bought a new one after paying for all the repairs...

for me it was my alpine head units both were 700 bucks retail i got mine for 600 one died just over a yr other under a yr and they wouldnt fix it...they said it had pop in it........that unit was in the dash of my tempo there was no pop anywhere near it...had panasonic pioneer and sony units so far i have a 13 yr old pioneer premier unit still going strong

When I was 17 I bought Shaker aftermarket speakers to replace my 79 fiats stock ones. I might as well have stolen small children and hid them in the car and told them to sing on occasion. It was awful.

Originally posted by Mark_ab When I was 17 I bought Shaker aftermarket speakers to replace my 79 fiats stock ones. I might as well have stolen small children and hid them in the car and told them to sing on occasion. It was awful.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif good way to describe

Well i laughed my ass off over tha kid comment man. Personally my biggest waste of money would have been 50$ on a fosgate ampo that wouldn't work for me cause i didn't test it before i baught it cause it was used, either that or my purcase of a JVC cd player. it ****** but it was 8 years old. would only play DMX and only once in awhile would it play other ****. ?I am deciding on new 6x9's for back deck anybody got bad companies bsides legasy?

J

my biggest waste of money was the American Legacy 800w amp that i bought off of ebay for $90. Its all good though, i have a few dumb friends that will buy it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

whats worse is that one of my friends has 2 10" american legacy subs and a 600w american legacy amp. another friend has 3 10" pyramind subs and an 1800w pyramid amp. I'm like the only one of my friends who has a quality system.

My biggest waste of money was when my first good system got stolen by a dude I use to work with installing. Old shcool kicker amp's and sub's the with the kicker logo in middle red lettering. By the time i got to him almost all my stuff was sold. I was in Vegas at the time and my friend told he jacked me. I took him to court and he got 2 years and 700 payed to me by court order. And still see him around and that was like years ago.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.