WTF size speakers fit my car? Every1 says somethin different!

scheibler
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a standard 1999 Nissan Maxima with stock non-bose system. Not sure what size speakers fit my car. Circuit City tells me that 6 1/2 is what I need, where as Crutchfield and cardomain say that I need to use 6 3/4 speakers. I don't want to order any speakersunless I am 100% positive they can directly replace the stock speakers in their same mounting holes. I just need four door speakers that will produce clear sound with subs pounding and not get washed out powered by a kendwood headunit with 22x4 rms.

I doubt you will find any speaker that will fit perfectly in your mounting holes. Take the speaker out and measure it's outmost diameter. More than likely its a 6.5" speaker.

even if they dont fit you can just cut out som baffles out of mdf. Its not hard at all. As long as the speaker isnt so deep that it goes too far into the door it will be fine. Width is nothing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.