wtf is pioneer thinking?

Maybe it's because a lot of newer cars have stereos you can't replace? There's processors out there that are hitting the 600-800 dollar mark that will provide everything you need.
this is why i think high end processors will be the future, stock cars are coming out with nicer and nicer headunits and more people are reluctant to change them out

Kenwood is still making decent stuff for 300 dollars a great hu can be had with time alighnment Xovers and all. Alpine has gone down and it seems pioneer has done the same unless 1k is spent for a great alpine or pioneer. I bought a pioneer vsx-820-k home audio reciever about 2 months ago and that thing has time alignment and crossovers and it sounds great it retails for $300 in the store. Kinda ironic.

Rockwood was the highend and Kenford was their basic series.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I thought you were joking when you said Rockwood. Sure enough, they make head units. I can't really find anyone who actually uses them.

I was in the market for a Pioneer until I read about all the problems in this thread.....now I'm thinking Kenwood..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I thought you were joking when you said Rockwood. Sure enough, they make head units. I can't really find anyone who actually uses them.
I was in the market for a Pioneer until I read about all the problems in this thread.....now I'm thinking Kenwood..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
Those problems are caused by incompetent installers.

That's kinda what I was thinking too.... I recently bought a cheapie Pioneer 1200 and it sounds pretty good, especially for a $60 HU. As long as you don't knock that fuse while installing it, I don't see how it can be too much of a problem.

I've seen some units with a 24-bit DAC, but they have around 95-100db S/N ratio. I've seen some ~$180 Kenwoods with a 105db S/N ratio but they don't say what the bit rate of the DAC is? Anyone know if the

cost of a 24-bit DAC or a Burr Brown DAC is worth the extra cost if the S/N ratio is better on some of the cheaper units? Sorry for all the questions!:-s

Edit: I ended up going with the Kenwood HD545U. It has built-in HD Radio and a 24-bit DAC. It also has a 105db S/N ratio so for $130 it can't be beat imho. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Only drawback I see is the 2.5 volts pre-outs(3 sets).

Last edited by a moderator:
There going where the money is! NAV and video craaaap! Why they wont add some sound control to the Double DIN units? HTF knows.

they have completely stripped their new headunits of any usefull audio features.and left the only option of 1200 dollar PRS unit.

the eq is complete BS (100hz-8khz)

no separate crossover for front and back speakers

time allignment?

it has become a SONY with really ugly design.

go ahead and compare new pioneers with sony and you will realize how similar they are in features.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.