WTF is happening?!

God damnit yes I know what gain is. Do you not understand that it's tuned the EXACT same way it was in the other guys car but it's alot quieter? Jesus Christ. And it's not a troll thread I swear lol.

Wow this thread just Got all religious on us!

Maybe Jesus can help you set your gain correctly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And trailblazer I have switched the fuses in the hotwire and I am gonna try grounding it somewhere else and see if it helps. If not I'm gonna try putting a new wire in there. I can't think off the top of my head what size it is. But like I said it worked fine like 3 days ago.

Same sub, same amp, same settings could only be 2 things then

Wiring or your headunit has a different output voltage then the deck did in the other car.

I would think it is the HU voltage however we can pray on it if you want and seek Jesus's guidance on this matter. LOL

i think you need to upgrade your ground and check to see why it did that. what have you done so far?? whats the size on your pos and neg wire ??
the OP has a small Pioneer amp - I am sure that 10 gauge is more than enough.

I would highly doubt that his wiring is the reason why the amp is not as loud as it was in the other car.

So it was loud in some one elses car and not in yours?

That is how audio works. Just because it produced X DB or volume in car A does not mean car B will be the same.

If you swapped it back into the other car and the performance is still crap, you have something wired wrong or settings are incorrect.

yea dude... "tuned the same way as in the other guys car" ... you're going to need to elaborate on that... did you actually do the tuning? how did you tune it?

either that, or your expectations might have been a lil too high

Same sub, same amp, same settings could only be 2 things then
Wiring or your headunit has a different output voltage then the deck did in the other car.

I would think it is the HU voltage however we can pray on it if you want and seek Jesus's guidance on this matter. LOL
this is the reason why i groaned the **** out of him lol

I didn't tune it. It left it how his was tuned. And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be this much of a radical change in sound just because it moved cars. But hell what do I know

And Jesus's knowledge of car audio fails in comparison to all of you I would figure. Lmao. crispin, thanks for the suggestions, despite the sarcasm. Haha.

if you unhook the any wires to the subwoofer check to make sure they are correct.

I just noticed your in Lawton...that is just down the road a bit from me lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DjDan101

10+ year member
DjDan101
Lawton, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from