WTF HAPPENED, installing second amp

vosschs
5,000+ posts

Banned
ok i dont know what the hell happened i was installing a viper 300.1 for comps, there 80 wrms. Anyways i dont really know the corret way, i had to do it the ghetto way. There was one set of pre outs on my amp so i bought a rca splitter deal. Then i ran a second set of RCA's. Then with the Remote wire i ran it from the first amp, my sub amp, whats the better way to run a second remote? Next was the ground the ground is alright i ran another ground. I didnt have a distro block so i ran the power from the sub amp like the remote, just plugged it into the terminal. I know its not the right way but i wanted to see what it sounded like. Anyways then i ran one side of the comps to the amp and tried one side with it all on low and the amp settigns on low, well **** i truned the gain up a hair and it blew the left side, eitehr way it was a 25 $ set of powerbass comps, i was going to upgrade anyways. But still i dont think it should have blow, it knocked off the dustcap part but still moves with ease, but the tweet doesnt work, Im afraid to hook the other side up. And to top it off i cant pick up half the stations i used to. When i unhooked the second Rca's it was fine... !!!!!!! any help please

I am only going to answer the part of our post that I understand. I think that the powerbase comps where just cheap. And why are u running you frontstage in mono any way. You will lose alot of music's depth.

I am only going to answer the part of our post that I understand. I think that the powerbase comps where just cheap. And why are u running you frontstage in mono any way. You will lose alot of music's depth.
errrr , after i read that statement, wtf i ordered a 400.2 but a 300.1 was sent.....even more problems! err ikesound.... ya i dont think a mono block amp would sound well for the front stage....well theres the factor that i blew it.... why the static for the radio? and whats the correct way to run the remote?

Interference from the amp being defective, maybe?

Does your radio work fine with the amp unplugged, or is the problem with the deck consistent?

Ok, first it would have sounded like ass......you don't use a class D mono amp to power speakers.

Second, 300rms is a little too much for a $25 set of speakers.....

are you powering comps with a d class amp? or am i trippin' out here?
thats the way I read it...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Call up ike sound and get that 2 channel your ordered first of all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

nothing like a mono frontstage, lol..

The newest fad, I guess it'll go along great with the particle board boxes all the n00bs built because mark potts said it was better than MDF //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

static - maybe you knocked your antennae connection loose while behind the radio. plug in the 2nd set of rcas again and se if the problem is still there(if you haven't already done it multiple times)

remote wire - just splitting the wire and running it to both amps will be fine with 2 amps.

mono front stage - no

components - cheap

tinker with stuff until you figure it out would prolly be the best advise. get a different amp though.

Also, just to note you CAN do a remote wire that way.Two amps it should be fine, but a bosch style relay would be the "best" way to power multiple items.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.