WTF did i just smell?

schism13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA
So i was driving, and had the music on...then all of a sudden it starts to stink..real bad i thought it was outside..so i pull over, check the hood,fuse box,sub..nothing..so i get a smell of the amp and it stinks realll bad..but it was running cool...and in the general area of the amp is wires and the amp..so its either one of those..but i dont know it still played, though i shut it off..and it works fine now and doesnt smell...but im just hoping i didnt mess anything up..the only problem id see is i was at a red light for awhile playing my music therefore not getting enough power..but what happened?

So i was driving, and had the music on...then all of a sudden it starts to stink..real bad i thought it was outside..so i pull over, check the hood,fuse box,sub..nothing..so i get a smell of the amp and it stinks realll bad..but it was running cool...and in the general area of the amp is wires and the amp..so its either one of those..but i dont know it still played, though i shut it off..and it works fine now and doesnt smell...but im just hoping i didnt mess anything up..the only problem id see is i was at a red light for awhile playing my music therefore not getting enough power..but what happened?
Make sure your not burning your voicecoils..

sounds like your amps ahs had it, it may go at any time, but that prolly means your amps defective or just a POS, jus my 2 cents, i know tha thappened to my friend, it was the power wire burning up in his car so he replaced it with 4 guage

this is why you don't keep your pet rat warm with your transformers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

well im running 0 gauge...and my amp = Mark Antony 2500d..well w/e if its the amp ill go to the shop that sold it to me and hit the owner over the head with it till he gives me a new one..

I would be willing to bet that its your amp going up in smoke. My friend has had a crossfire vr1000d die on him twice. Both times it was the power transistors but they would only go one at a time and you could smell the amp cooking but it would still work just not as powerful. Take it to the shop you bought it and have them look at it if its still under warranty. I gurantee theyll find some burnt components somewhere on the circuit board.

i had an issue at one point with my 2400d. Cut in/out once or twice, then one day i heard an electrical 'pop', smelled that all too familliar smell, but all was well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif . i actually drove to vegas and back (from CA) without any hiccups. however once i got back home, amp when into protect the next day and never came out. turns out the entire power supply blew.

basicly, just because your amp still works doesn't mean all is good. take it in and get it fixed now, cause you're going to need to do it soon anyway.

dog_patch_ismellbutt_s.gif

take it in, just in case.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.