WTf, Boston Pro60's ****

i didnt brag about anything...all i said is that with 300 watts they dont get loud. me and my friend who both ran the cdt's agree. so if they dont get loud with 300 watts, why would i run them with the rated 125 watts? **** they wouldnt get louder than my stock speakers with that power
I didnt say you bragged about it, but all you hear from users is that they get soooo loud and NEED 300-400rms ....

I didnt say you bragged about it, but all you hear from users is that they get soooo loud and NEED 300-400rms ....
sorry dude, i thought you were going off on me. i was like "umm i dont remember talkin **** to this guy" lol. anyways your right though. but i can see why people say they need 300 watts rms, because off of the rated 125 they just dont seem to get loud at all to my ears, and something is off about the sensitivity rating. if they are really 90db they shouldnt need anywhere NEAR that power to get loud

sorry dude, i thought you were going off on me. i was like "umm i dont remember talkin **** to this guy" lol. anyways your right though. but i can see why people say they need 300 watts rms, because off of the rated 125 they just dont seem to get loud at all to my ears, and something is off about the sensitivity rating. if they are really 90db they shouldnt need anywhere NEAR that power to get loud
Trust me, I'm all about having some extra headroom as far as power goes. But I found your initial post 'interesting(post #2)' because you have substantial power, the type of power that everyone suggests they will get ridiculously loud with, and you are disappointed with their output. Are you running them in coax form?

Trust me, I'm all about having some extra headroom as far as power goes. But I found your initial post 'interesting(post #2)' because you have substantial power, the type of power that everyone suggests they will get ridiculously loud with, and you are disappointed with their output. Are you running them in coax form?
yes sir. i am runnin them in coaxial form.

Did you have the EF's in braxial form for comparison?
right now the tweets are still in my door panel since if i take them out im gonna have a big ass hole haha but yes, what i am comparing to was when i had the tweets mounted about 3" away from the mid inside the door.

pics of install? id like to see how you have everything set up
its setup just like any regular speakers. i used the 5x7 to 6.5" conversion rings that boston provided and thats all. tweets are mounted on top of the mid from the factory and thats how i kept them.

ok guys well just post if you want but i wont be able to respond anymore till next week since thats the only times i can use a computer.

ok GEORGE, let me help you GEORGE, you are correct, Pro60's ****, so send them to me ASAP and I will give you some nice Audiobombs to install.

ok GEORGE, FIRST problem. YOUR SPEAKERS DON'T NEED 300 WATTS TO GET LOUD!!!! I gave mine 300+ per side and they were DEAFENING!!!! This leads me to think one of two things... a) You're an idiot or b) you're an idiot!!!

I have 125 per side going to mine and they are SUPERB!!!!

George, go to your amp for your Bostons. TURN OFF BASS BOOSTS, TURN OFF CROSSOVERS TURN IT ALL OFF ****IT!!! Now, SET YOUR GAINS PROPERLY!!!!!!

Ok, are you ready for this? CROSS THEM OVER AT A REASONABLE LEVEL AND TURN THEM UP!!!! If they don't get loud, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO WIRE A SPEAKER!!!!

If this doesn't fix it, take them out, pee on them, defecate on them, and SET THEM ON FIRE and NEVER, I say NEVER, INSULT A BA PRODUCT AGAIN, BA OWNS YOU!!!!!!!!

On a more polite note, you're probably just used to exaggerated midbass. I have no similar problems with half the power. Although now that I think about it, I got more midbass when I went from 300+ watts to 125. Hmmmm

well after running my new pro 60's for about a week or so, (maybe its been two i dont remember). i am sad to say...i am SEVERELY dissappointed. these are the speakers everyone has been talkin about? i mean honestly, they do sound good...but thats it. the mid bass is lacking, and they DO NOT get loud off of 300 watts period. i am runnin them off of the mbquart amp, and i thought maybe i just got a ****ed up amp...decided to switch over to an orion 8002 (again about 300 watts at 3 ohms) and there was no difference in sound. how come everywhere i read, says these things get loud as hell? 300 watts to each speakers and they cant keep up with 1 magnum 15"?????? my old cdt's kept up with 2 15's off of only 200+/- watts. am i just doing something wrong here?

anyone that has an opinon on this let me know, cause i hope its just me.

oh btw, Stereo Integrity...i must say your new magnum is absolutly beautiful. it sounds, looks, and just says "im the ****" even more so than my old 12" claw mag...i must say i am most impressed. as for the bostons they can **** my dick
Sorry to hear that. But there was some guy on here recently who seemed to be very impressed with the way his Pro 60's kept up with his 12" mag. Maybe you can find that thread and he can put you on the right path.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.