Pioneer REV

Participant count
  • Participant list

90accordman
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Fresno, CA
I drive a 90 accord (duh lol) and was wanting to buy 2 sets of 6.5 Pioneer REVS for the front doors and rear deck. The reason i'm wondering if this is a good idea is that, i ride with alot of older people and would like to have a nice sound when i shut off my sub.

Would i get a decent sound off running 2 sets of these or should i stick with components up front. and find somethign midbass wise for the back

these would cost me less then 200 for the 4 speakers and would be ran off a Planet Audio vx3004 which outputs:

Max Power (2 Ohm) 150W X 4

RMS Power (4 Ohm) 75W X 4

Bridged Power (4 Ohms) 300 X 2

Signal To Noise Ratio 102 DB

Frequency Response 20HZ - 20KHZ

Dimensions: 10-5/8" W X 2-7/16" H X 14-3/4" L

If i had to do it differently i would like to not go over 200 for front components and 100 for rear coaxials.

I had a pair of the yellow Pioneer REVs in my old car. I'll let others chime in but despite their price I was very impressed with how they sounded; however, I currently have a set of the Cadence CWM-6 comps in my car and I think they are much better than the REVs and they only cost $79. Its not a completely fair comparison since they're in a different car but for the price I'm sure you'll be impressed. Now if your budget is 200 for the front stage then obviously you have a much larger selection to look at.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.