Wow, MTX has gone to $#!T

I haven't heard too many other people *****ing about the low price to have a brand new board swapped out of their broken amp.. seems like decent customer service to me. :shrugs:

no its 2ohm stable, mr hobbiest prolly had a dual 2 ohm woffer down to 1 ohm and of course the amp turns off...and some how its MTX's fault.
Wow, really maybe you should read the effin post before you go runnin you mouth, and hopefully you wont feel as stupid as you just sounded with that comment. 7510-44, dual 4 ohm, parallel @ 2 ohms, shut ur mouth, nuff said

either way, if the amp needed repair then so what, repair it. its not the first time. your a very angry man. do you need to talk to someone? also, ive sold and installed 100's of mtx products in the last yr and had very few issues. every manufacturer is going to have an item that needs to be fixed. but ill stand behind my guys down the street all day long they make a good product and you my friend had a bad exp, it doesnt mean they're sh*t.

What im saying is my friend is obviously not the original owner so they dont have to help him period. The point im trying to make is that MTX has been starting to make shittier equipment and it proves it when all they're charging a second owner for a $500 amp is $85 to "re-board" WITH shipping included, thats dirt cheap. Oh here's a thought, maybe they spent more on polishing that amp, with all the nifty color features and flawless shine, it looks so **** good, but performs so horribly. And yes the thought did come to mind, maybe it was only that amp, maybe it was operator error (highly doubt it), but lets not forget how i came about getting this amp in the first place, by a dealer that is discontinuing business with MTX because he knows they're starting to produce over rated junk.

Edit: The dealer im speaking of isnt the only person i've heard it come from. I've heard this from some other respectable shops around here, one that actually used to sell MTX

either way, if the amp needed repair then so what, repair it. its not the first time. your a very angry man. do you need to talk to someone? also, ive sold and installed 100's of mtx products in the last yr and had very few issues. every manufacturer is going to have an item that needs to be fixed. but ill stand behind my guys down the street all day long they make a good product and you my friend had a bad exp, it doesnt mean they're sh*t.
NO i dont need anger management, idiots that make stupid comments are the ones that need help, ASSuming things when the info is right in their face.

Great, I will be glad to call MTX for you and have them raise the price of the new board up to say $250.00. I guess that would make the price they sell the new amp for justified. Or do you think they could possibly be subsidizing the new board to the customers as a service???? You got a good deal on the amp, it had a problem, you knowingly sold the amp to a friend who inherited the problem. What a stellar friend you are. Now you come here and whine about MTX building over rated junk when it could have been your mistake that caused the amp to fail in the first place? Dude, give you head a shake here, $85.00 to replace the board is a steal and is under market value. Take the deal, stfu and gtfo.

OP sounds like a cheap ass who wants people to work for free.
Im saying it is CHEAP, moron, it should cost more, but since it's so crappy in the first place it's dirt cheap. I swear some people cant even comprehend a few simple paragraphs anymore. They read a few words and the $hit starts flyin.

Or he didnt meet his quarterlies for his direct sales price for to long and they told him he want allowed to sell the line any more. Plus its craigslist, he could have done anythingto the amp and you would have known the difference. Here's what happened to a bunch of the big name guys like Rockford, MTX, Infinity and Phoenix Gold.

the market changed from comp hobbiest to a more diverse entry level market with increased demand so the big boys create a product thats less expensive and quicker to make. BOOM they get orders for 100,000 amps. Here in the us they attempt to make the product but it costs to much and cant keep up. So to keep up they get contracts with a company in china to produce the amps. when they do this they make them quicker and cheeper thus making more $. When they do this however they loose a bit of quality and have some faulty products on the market. this is why mroe often then not they just give you another amp instead of fixing it.

thus ends you economics lesson for the day, so shut your mouth, nuff said //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol

600 watts to a unbroken in brand new 400 watt rated sub?

Hm...yea...im a bit of a newb to car audio...BUT even I know thats overpowering it.

The cutting in and out thing...bad ground?..

I know I had this old 15" MTX in a ported box with a 1200 watt amp running to it...and it did perfect. Cant remember model for it or anything...but always did like MTX after that. Current system I got is MTX...mostly because I was on a bit of a budget when I first got it...and got a steal on the subs.

Great, I will be glad to call MTX for you and have them raise the price of the new board up to say $250.00. I guess that would make the price they sell the new amp for justified. Or do you think they could possibly be subsidizing the new board to the customers as a service???? You got a good deal on the amp, it had a problem, you knowingly sold the amp to a friend who inherited the problem. What a stellar friend you are. Now you come here and whine about MTX building over rated junk when it could have been your mistake that caused the amp to fail in the first place? Dude, give you head a shake here, $85.00 to replace the board is a steal and is under market value. Take the deal, stfu and gtfo.
Another dumbass that cant comprehend ^^^ I was simply sharing an experience. He has already sent the amp in to get a new board. He knew the price of the board before he even paid me for the amp, he didnt care if he had to shell out a total of $235 to get a practically new amp. THE POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE THAT YOU GUYS ARE MISSING IS THAT MTX IS TURNING INTO GARBAGE, NOT SOLELY BASED ON ONLY MY EXPERIENCE. There did that help a liltle. Im trying to share an experience/story and i get attacked for my OPINIONS of MINE and OTHERS

All we are tryingto tell you is your one bad experience doesnt make them sh*t, nor does a couple bad experinces. dont be mad becasue we didnt hop on the hate mtx band wagon. your entitled to your opinion by all means but we can also reply with ours. your the one getting deffensive. to be honest, ive met the engineers and designers of the mtx stuff. there based here in phoenix, there facility if awesome. Rockfords is good too, there also in PHX. SO relax man it ***** t hat youhad a bad exp with them but have some faith and give um another shot. you will not be disappointed.

NO i dont need anger management, idiots that make stupid comments are the ones that need help, ASSuming things when the info is right in their face.
You came on the forum putting down one of the forums favorite amps...What did you expect //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.