WOW found an US Amps 100hc ULTRA!

Man, if you had the money to buy it, keep it. Or less your hurting for money or something. The price isnt gonna go down on it, I wouldnt think. And **** all the new stuff, that think is the truth.

ahhh, rated for 50, but puts out many times the amount.. = massive power.
Yeh, the more drivers you install, the Ohms will drop. Probibaly run 8-Dual Voice Coil Drivers down to .5 ohms all day long on this thing. I would have to buy a saburban, or something large, to fit all the drivers, and accomodate the 2 alternaters to power this peice of "Raw Power History. I love the amp, but its rediculas, and does need to go in to a "private collectors hands".

I will be posting pictures next week fellas.

Thanks,

XTC

Man, if you had the money to buy it, keep it. Or less your hurting for money or something. The price isnt gonna go down on it, I wouldnt think. And **** all the new stuff, that think is the truth.
Thats the problem The_Grimy_One, I really could use the money, but I wont sell it cheap becuase it is so rare. Teh price will definately go up as it gets older, theres no doubt!!! I definately wont sell it to somebody (knowingly) who will beat the **** out of it and not take care of it. If thats the case I will eat the money, keep it, and pass it on to my son.

I have an idea what I feel its worth, but you guys tell me what you think your best "educated guess" would be. Please post your toughts as I welcome feedback

Lord knows, if there was only 50 ever made, then how many do you think are "realistically" still out there?

XTC

That's the magic of old school underrated "cheater" amps. That amp is "rated" to do 50 watts x 2 into 4 ohms but it probably makes over 500 watts per channel into 4 ohms.

To be honest if I were you I'd turn around and sell that amp on here or caraudioclassifieds for at least $300 more than what you paid for. That amp belongs in a museum or mounted on the wall like art. There are amps that makes more power these days but they'll never have the history and the heritage like this amp.
I agree with you 100% and I am leaning towards selling on here. It belongs to a collector

Thanks for the input my brutha,

XTC

i remember that amp now and its add from back in the day, the double d was much latter.

there was alot of amps back in the day that did 1/4 ohm and were rated at 25 or 50x2 and when ran bridged down to 1/2 or 1/4 ohm did several thousand watts. us amps was king of this but there was also autotek,orion,lanzar that had high current monsters...

there was alot of amps back in the day that did 1/4 ohm and were rated at 25 or 50x2 and when ran bridged down to 1/2 or 1/4 ohm did several thousand watts. us amps was king of this but there was also autotek,orion,lanzar that had high current monsters...

Yeah but US Amps beats all of them in the "who's got the biggest wang" department, the next-up was Orion. Before the car audio biz US Amps were making welding equipments so it was like asking a mining equipment company to build a full-size pickup truck.

Yeah but US Amps beats all of them in the "who's got the biggest wang" department, the next-up was Orion. Before the car audio biz US Amps were making welding equipments so it was like asking a mining equipment company to build a full-size pickup truck.
mmmm.... the old school orions.... wish i wouldnt have sold mine about 10 years ago... kick myself in the arse for that everyday

I actually have a US amps 100HC and a 50HC, neither have every really been used. I bought them back in the day, installed them in my car, then sold the car and could part with the amps. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to hear some offers on them. I still the original bill of sale for both of them and the spec sheets... stuffed somewhere in a desk drawer.

I actually have a US amps 100HC and a 50HC, neither have every really been used. I bought them back in the day, installed them in my car, then sold the car and could part with the amps. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to hear some offers on them. I still the original bill of sale for both of them and the spec sheets... stuffed somewhere in a desk drawer.
Got any pics fellow Canuck? PM me what ya were thinkin of for a price for the pair.

I can give you a lot of information on that amp if you still have it. It might have orignaly been mine. Very quick version of the story... Right after the rules were modified, prior to the 2004 USACi season around Jan or Feb 2004. I had the first and the seventh one set to go for USACi finals in 2004. US Amps sent one of the amps to be tested. It tested out 57 watts at 4ohm stereo at 12 volts dc. which meant it was within 10% of rated power at 4 ohms and at 12 Volts DC. This amp will keep putting out more power as impedence drops and battery voltage rises. I have had it down to 1/4 ohm bridged for short burps during the competetion season. It also like 14.6 Volts. I would then wire it back up to 1 ohm so I could listen to it on they way home. I still have the other, small one in my car to this day. Greg, at US Amps, could tell you more stories about that amp and my car. I would be very interested in seeing pictures out it if you still have it. I can give you tons of data for this amp if you want. Just PM me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.