Component amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Force-fed

Just got the hertz esk comps for the front of my car, 75w rms. i was looking at the focal solid2 and solid4 amps. The s2 puts out 75w rms x2, would this be enough? Or should i get the s4 and bridged its 200w x2. Woofers has a pretty good deal on both right now, $150, and $200. Any other amps to look at in that range? Only needed to run front comps, no rears, subs on its own mono. Thanks

Just got the hertz esk comps for the front of my car, 75w rms. i was looking at the focal solid2 and solid4 amps. The s2 puts out 75w rms x2, would this be enough? Or should i get the s4 and bridged its 200w x2. Woofers has a pretty good deal on both right now, $150, and $200. Any other amps to look at in that range? Only needed to run front comps, no rears, subs on its own mono. Thanks
I would say you probably can't go wrong with Focal. I'm running their PS165 series components in my doors and I love em. Although I'm running mine off an AQ 200.2. But I guess it will come down to what type of amp sound you like better. The focal solid series are a class A/B amp. My AQ is a full range Class D.

Before getting my AQ amp I was running my front's off an Audison LrX 5.1K which was a Class A/B for fronts and Class D for sub. Comparing the two amps I found that my mids/highs (1.5-2khz and 12khz) were a little pitchy on the class A/B at higher volumes and had to EQ out some of those frequencies a bit to make it less fatiguing on my ears. Whereas with my AQ (Class D) I don't have that problem. At the same volume levels I can leave my EQ on the deck flat and the speakers don't bother me at all anymore (unless I crank it up a few more notches haha). And I find that the sound seems a little "fuller" and more detailed than before. And going from an Audison to an AQ that's saying something.

Some people say they notice no difference between Class A/B amps and Full Range Class D, but i certainly did. Also I believe Class D amps are alot more efficient than A/B.

Sorry for the long winded speech, just figured my recent experience might help you.

It's not a Focal amp, but I'm running a special this month on a 2-channel amp rated for 115W x 2. It would save you a bit of money and it's an excellent budget amp, full range Class D by Precision Power.

It's not a Focal amp, but I'm running a special this month on a 2-channel amp rated for 115W x 2. It would save you a bit of money and it's an excellent budget amp, full range Class D by Precision Power.
WTF??????Is that made by PPI??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.