WOW Bestuy Geeksquad install guy is an IDIOT!

bstran11693
10+ year member

So i brought my car up to have a sub/amp installed because i didnt have the patience to do it myself. Anyway i go to drop the car off and tell him that I have the subs (2 12" SVC 4 ohm) wired so they can be bridged and have a final impedance of 2 ohms. He goes "That's not possible, you'll fry your amp." And i said are you sure? "Yeah its impossible to do that." So i say whatever and drop my car off because i had errands to run. Well i start thinkin and i look up on my phone the wiring diagram to show him and go 12th grade physics class on him, and prove him wrong. I didnt end up getting to show him bc he left for lunch and dropped my stuff off. Im so mad i blew 80 bucks on that bvllshit. Now i have to go and rewire the subs in parallel and do it all over because he wired them to their own channels.

And to make matters worse, my cd player isnt even put back in flush. It looked 10x better when i installed it myself. What an idiot... "Geek Squad alright."

well i didnt have the means of running wires from the front to back because my dad has almost no tools. So yeah i had the knowledge, but no way to do it. I already pre-wired the subs and he went in and changed it all. Now i gotta go back and re-do what i already did

So i brought my car up to have a sub/amp installed because i didnt have the patience to do it myself. Anyway i go to drop the car off and tell him that I have the subs (2 12" SVC 4 ohm) wired so they can be bridged and have a final impedance of 2 ohms. He goes "That's not possible, you'll fry your amp." And i said are you sure? "Yeah its impossible to do that." So i say whatever and drop my car off because i had errands to run. Well i start thinkin and i look up on my phone the wiring diagram to show him and go 12th grade physics class on him, and prove him wrong. I didnt end up getting to show him bc he left for lunch and dropped my stuff off. Im so mad i blew 80 bucks on that bvllshit. Now i have to go and rewire the subs in parallel and do it all over because he wired them to their own channels.
And to make matters worse, my cd player isnt even put back in flush. It looked 10x better when i installed it myself. What an idiot... "Geek Squad alright."
where are u in pa?

thought people new better then to go to bestbuy lol...

you said they're own channel? is it a two channel amp and can it be bridged then hooked to 2 ohm?
This!

OP what amp are you using? As what I am reading here points to the man you see in the mirror every morning. If you are using a 2 ch amp it would need to be capable of droping to 1 ohm per channel inorder to run your subs at 2 ohm mono.

Well if your amp is a 2channel and not stable at 2 ohm bridged then he would have been right, it would have potentially blown your amp.

Beyond that OP, if the installer took 2 sets of speaker wires back to the amp, and your amp is 2 ohm mono stable, you don't neet to do anything except change the speaker wire placement at the amplifier.

I think OP is an exinstaller from BestBuy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.