would you guys pay $250 for an xbl^2 12?

02parkave
5,000+ posts

Banned
as title states.. would you? woofer would be brand new, with warranty.. this isnt like a "i bought it, never installed it" kinda thing.. this is a run of woofers, sold at an online store. some more specifics on the woofer-

12" driver only (at least initially)

moderate power handling (think- 1000 watts or so)

3" coil.

a unique cone (something nice, not metal:))

i know this is a terribly general question, and i am sorry.. just "gauging interest" so to speak:)

Sounds fairly similar to something right around the corner....

Would depend on the product. Have to be priced to be competitive with the other big XBL^2 companies (CSS and Exodus).

This sounds like the mag.
I paid 300 for a 12; this doesn't sound crazy.
I hope ur talking about the newer mag

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif i need to know the company's name before i give u an answer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Out of curiosity, what is the reason for some of you saying you won't pay that much for a brand new driver?

First, there aren't many drivers that cost so little. It's brand new with warranty for $250? Where else will you find that good of a deal?

Second, just because it's rated at 1,000w doesn't mean it is wimpy (if that's what you're thinking). To reach a Qtc of .707, it all depends on the enclosure size. The larger size enclosure you have (sealed) the more power the driver will need.

If cost is also an issue, take a look at the SI Mags, they will be xbl^2 drivers and I highly doubt seeing their prices dropping. I don't know how much a mag sells for, but I've seen several USED one's sell for around 300 here on the forums.

More power handling and providing more power to a driver doesn't mean the sub isn't great. Wouldn't you prefer to have a driver that requires less power so you don't have to buy a more expensive amp?

As mentioned, the Brahma's were also xbl^2 drivers and those got loud and sounded good.

I'd definitely be up for a driver at that cost, so I'm curious as to why some people are against it.

Out of curiosity, what is the reason for some of you saying you won't pay that much for a brand new driver?
First, there aren't many drivers that cost so little. It's brand new with warranty for $250? Where else will you find that good of a deal?

Second, just because it's rated at 1,000w doesn't mean it is wimpy (if that's what you're thinking). To reach a Qtc of .707, it all depends on the enclosure size. The larger size enclosure you have (sealed) the more power the driver will need.

If cost is also an issue, take a look at the SI Mags, they will be xbl^2 drivers and I highly doubt seeing their prices dropping. I don't know how much a mag sells for, but I've seen several USED one's sell for around 300 here on the forums.

More power handling and providing more power to a driver doesn't mean the sub isn't great. Wouldn't you prefer to have a driver that requires less power so you don't have to buy a more expensive amp?

As mentioned, the Brahma's were also xbl^2 drivers and those got loud and sounded good.

I'd definitely be up for a driver at that cost, so I'm curious as to why some people are against it.

Because people know if they say its too expensive regardless if theyd buy it at that price, he might lower it. or they are just cheap and aren't looking for a new sub anyway. 250, doesn't sound bad to me, but more information is needed.

Personally, 02parkeave wouldn't be interested in anything cheap...cheap as in poor quality, so if he is looking at something for that deal, I'm pretty sure he's done his research and knows the quality of it, especially if he plans to run it as a daily rather than "i own this sub but dont use it" as he mentioned.

I hope nobody would be foolish enough to buy said driver from said scam artist. Would take about a month to get there after a loss of communication and a very unprofessional "go fuck yourself". Now if this was coming from someone who had a sense of ethics and dignity.... perhaps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.