Would you guys buy power supplies?

nateberrier
10+ year member

Douche, Ohio
Most of you know that you can modify Computer Power supplies to run 12v equipment such as a small amp and a head unit. They have great protection circuits and have the capacity to put out loads of power.

Would there be a market for Modded power supplies if I purchased them new, made them easy to use, and sold them at a reasonable price?

You can purchase some that put out 330rms all the way up to 1200rms and more. I would obviously be selling the cheaper ones unless specified otherwise. I would be placing switches and terminals on them for easy use. say a terminal for switched ACC and maybe two sets of terminals for pos and neg. I still have to hash things out but if people are interested in them I can build them for probably 50 or less for something basic and the cost would go up for bells and whistles and watts. I have one set up on my work bench to test radios and amps on. works pretty well. I would also take old Power Supplies from leftover computers and mod them

Good, I will build one to presentable standards and provide photographs. I typically use electrical tape and wire nuts but if im gonna sell them then thats not really gonna fly haha.

Currently it will be 12v, I am looking into ways to modify them for 13.5v as well. You can also set them up for 17v setups. 12v 18amps on the one I use currently.

It looks like I may be producing these on a person to person basis. I was able to run a small ads amp and my pioneer deck without any trouble.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.