Would you choose CDT over.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brutus2600
10+ year member

Cleburne
(I'm asking for personal opinions here) Would you choose CDT Audio (Classics, HDs, Euros, any of them) components over MB Quart, Infinity, focal, kicker, or (enter brand here) components?

I heard the MB Quart Q(?) series tonight through a PG amp, and I was pretty impressed. I also heard some Kappas through the same amp, and they were pretty impressive themselves. However, the focal kevlar and utopias I heard yesterday would have kicked any of those other speakers asses (I think they were being amped with a cadence amp). Anyway, how would CDT stand up to these brands? Considering I've never heard them, I only have the opinions that I've heard on here. Now, for those of you who have heard them and have heard other brands as well, what would you choose?

(P.S. I'm finally beginning to mature in my appreciation for good speakers, so I'm willing to spend a little more on a good set than I would have been recently, but I still would like to keep it under $400, and they would have to sound GOOD :p )

i would put the Eurosport series up with the Utopia anyday. what i like about the CDT's more is the tweeter. the eurosport's tweeters are VERY smooth and soft. won't kill your ears at high volume. midbass is just as good as the utopias if not better. then again...i'm a CDT audio guy:p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.