Would this work?! tight on money need opinions!

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
I want a nice deck so I am thinking of the Sony xplod that folds out and has a black face anyway I have about 500$ which is 500$ less than I planned on having I still need a pair of 12 inch subs and an amp to push them and I no I have asked a million times and I thank you guys for helping me but what would you buy for descent sq and good spl for the money remember I am buying on ebay so it is a little cheaper deck is 250 so I have 250 to work with and I guess I can go a little over! Should I wait and save more money even though I cant stand not having a huge system! Can I get 2 12's and an amp for 250?! I was thinking of going with a pyramid 1800 watt amp I found on buy it now option on ebay for 127 + shipping and a pair of audiobahn aw1200x which I would rather have a nicer set buy hey I like them to look better too I am consider alpine type R's thanks to zane I really like them and perfects too but I am interested in your opinions not mine thanks guys!

I wouldn't waste that money on that sony deck. how many amps are you going to run? How many sets of RCA's do you need? Pioneer has some really good decks and they wont break your bank. As far as your pyramid amp... dont waste your money yet again, there is a reason it is so cheap, and if you belive it will push that 1800 watts your nutz! Buy a nice amp, one that you can work with if need be start off with 1 sub? You have to stay within your budget... No one ever said car stereo's were going to be cheap. And the bottom line you get what you pay for.

RCAs?

Ok pioneer I like thier decks and thier prices!

I want to subs have to have 2 I can go to cheaper watt RMS subs like perfects or I like alpine type R's and Pioneer's are dirt cheap!But like you said you get what you pay for!

In owned that sony your talking about for 1year, it spent more time in the repair shop then it did in my car, To replace it I bought a Pioneer DEH-730 and I am completely satisfied.

also read this

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1311

I wrote complete reveiws of several subs that I have owned over the the past year and a half.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I agree. I have pioneer head units in both my cars and never had a problem. The oldest is 3 years. Also go with a good amp like JBL or RF they are cheap on ebay. If you buy a cheap amp you will kick yourself later. To save money buy 1 sub now and you can always add 1 later.

definitely agree with fire. Buy a good amp now, and just get one 12". You'd be surprised what one 12 can do, when you have it hooked up to the right amp. G:) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif d Luck

Ok here ya go

Stay with the sony cd player I have it and have had no problems and is one of the coolest cd players i have seen.I dunno how much on e-bay but probally around 200.If more dont waste money go ahead and get a pioneer not bad or a panisonic make good cd players get one thats under 200 so you can have a nice sub amp combo.

As for amp yes go with one its all you need get like a RF 360@2 i think you can get it on e-bay for around 219 new buy it now.

Now as for sub go with a RF HE2 you can get one 12 between 110-125 dollars new on e-bay. Or a Jl audio 12 w3 they in my opionion walk all over the HE2 easially but you will be looking at around 125-140 but is well worth it eaither one that amp will do fine.

Ok you total would end up being a little over you limit but not much around buts that is if you buy a 150 dollar cd player and the 140 dollar sub you can search and find the cd player but trust me go with either of those subs and stick with the amp that will give you huge bumps.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.