Would the signal from amp pre-out be better than LOC signal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BTF

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oklahoma
As the title says, which would give my sub amp a cleaner signal? Currently using a LOC for sub amp signal, but thinking of getting an amp for front speakers, and one option has pre-outs, which I could use to send the signal to the sub amp. But would it matter? TIA!

You don't need two LOCs unless you want to separate the fader. Pre-outs should be roughly equal in signal strength to the original cable. It's the same thing as a y splitter just that it happens inside of the amp.

You don't need two LOCs unless you want to separate the fader. Pre-outs should be roughly equal in signal strength to the original cable. It's the same thing as a y splitter just that it happens inside of the amp.
Actually, I was wondering if it would make a difference running from speaker wires > LOC > both amps - VS - speaker wires > LOC > front amp with pre-out > sub amp? In other words, will the pre-outs give the sub amp any better quality signal than the LOC?

Actually, I was wondering if it would make a difference running from speaker wires > LOC > both amps - VS - speaker wires > LOC > front amp with pre-out > sub amp? In other words, will the pre-outs give the sub amp any better quality signal than the LOC?
No, there's no processing done on them, it's literally just a short between the pre-outs and the rca inputs. All it does is prevents you from needing a y-splitter RCA adapter and the connections inside the amp are probably of higher quality and thus lower resistance than your typical cheap y-splitter can manage.

No, there's no processing done on them, it's literally just a short between the pre-outs and the rca inputs. All it does is prevents you from needing a y-splitter RCA adapter and the connections inside the amp are probably of higher quality and thus lower resistance than your typical cheap y-splitter can manage.
Okay, thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.