Would my idea for a new system be ok or should I keep looking?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 840
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I am currently looking at putting together a new system. I have a friend that is working at Circuit City and would like to buy all my new components from there as they will be at warehouse prices(30-50 of tag).

I drive a Integra hatchback so I am limited on trunk space as it is. I have installed a set of JBL GTO620's in the front and have stock in the rear. I have also installed a 8000 something Panasonic HU. After looking at the components for sell I was considering adding in:

Poke EX3560 http://www.polkaudio.com/car/products.php?category=20&speaker=142

Sony Xplod XM-3001SXD http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?CATEGORY=Amp/EQ&MD=XM-3001SXD

Bazooka TVB-141 http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-UHL4qwlJM97/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=510&I=204TVB141&o=p&a=0

I would move the JBL's to the back and store the stock speakers, adding the Poke's to the front. I doubt anyone will see anything wrong with this. Now the reason I was thinking about the Bazooka is its very small foot print and for the size of this sub it hit rather hard. The reason I was thinking of the Xplod (here comes the flames) is that the amp is class D and can run at 300w @ 4Omz which would be in a good range on the sub.

All comments are welcome but before you just say the Sony makes crap I am very limited in my choices as all items need come from CC. I think this setup with wiring and a 70w fuse for the amp will run some where between 500 and 600.

Thank for you time and reading this.

-Kamui

I have did some setups from Circuit City. THey have some really good prices. Yeah your subs should bump with that amp. So I wish you good luck.

P.S.

Sony is Crap:p

I beleive Circuit City carries JBL power amps. If you can afford one of these (costs more than Sony, but still affordable) you would be better off. I have used Polk components and I was more than happy with them but, to get them to sound to their potential they need more power than a HU can give them. You may want to plan on a 4channel amp some where down the line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.