Would it make any sense upgrading head units?

Intercooler
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Maryland
I bought a new to me car over the weekend so I am debating whether to sell the 760MP that is in the 98 and go to a 860MP in the 01 or just do a swap into the new car. Is it worth it? The 860 does have 6v output.

I was looking at going to another brand but I have never had a Pioneer let me down and if I went with another brand I would need an auxillary cable for it.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_64496597_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent&olderModel=Y

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_64496601_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent

New car has black interior. Wouldn't the silver of the 760 look like ass in there? I need a nice black face unit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

If your deck does everything you want/need it to do, then why bother?

Run a search on Kenwood excelon, and the same with the other pioneer unit mentioned.

there is quite a difference between the 760 and 860. larger eq, time alignment, 3-way xover etc. preout volts don't mean a thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Don't let the 860 having (rated) 6.5v preouts be too much of a consideration in the decision-making process here...

You'll seldom (if ever, actually) really see 6.5 volts coming out of those preamp outputs.

Don't let the 860 having (rated) 6.5v preouts be too much of a consideration in the decision-making process here...
You'll seldom (if ever, actually) really see 6.5 volts coming out of those preamp outputs.

only see 6.5 volts with a 0 db tone at full volume, and that is considering that deck puts out 6.5 volts rms

Other than not matching the surroundings of my interior I just thought from things I have read here that some of the other units give better sound such as the 860. The pre-out voltage is another thing I was looking at since some say it does make a difference. Open to suggestions on a nice black face/surrounded head unit since I may just leave the 760 in the Honda as a little perk to the buyer. What is a kick-ass unit for me to look at in both the Kenwood and Eclipse line since they seem to be two of the best?

get the kenwood kdc-mp928 thats a nice Hu:yumyum: imo or the KENWOOD Excelon XXV-01D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i had 2 pioineers preouts go kaput on me so i stear clear of em..... when i say kaput i mean ASSloads of noise that almost sounded like ground noise since i got my alpine i havent heard that horrid sound once...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.