would it blow the sub?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by nismboy6986 will a jbl 1200.1 wired to either 2 or 1 ohm (full 1200+ watts) blow a IDMAX in the recommended sealed enclosure?
What can they take, 1000 RMS? I would be very very careful and keep the gains WAYYY down...but I still don't know if it will hold it, don't have any personal experience with the IDMAX's

Originally posted by snova031 What can they take, 1000 RMS? I would be very very careful and keep the gains WAYYY down...but I still don't know if it will hold it, don't have any personal experience with the IDMAX's
if you carelessy crank it up, sure you'll probably blow it, but if you be careful you shouldn't have any troubles...

I HAVE MY COMP-X SUB IN A SEALED BOX HITTING 800RMS,PUSHING 1200 RMS AT 2 OHMS WITH THE SD-12OO IMPULSE US.ACOUSTICS..NO PROBLEM..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Hell of a deal, I think it may be the last day. If you're considering going to a 3 way, here's a great buy! You have to load them into your cart...
Not a term, a description. When it clips, it sends a distorted signal (current) through. A square wave contains more energy than a sine wave and...
I mixed a trap beat and that christmas song 'silent night' together, then screwed it, bass boosted it, and added a non-stop 25hz note, then put in...
been like 20 years since i did just that. 2 l7 15s, 1000watt soundstream usa made amp, 12cu tuned at 34, iirc, that 2 separate vented to the...
That would be a function of the harness, not the HU, I think. Have you looked into a Maestro or iData interface? i would check with crutchfield...

About this thread

nismboy6986

10+ year member
the **** technician
nismboy6986
Belhaven NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date