Would a stock battery run this setup

He made a comment about selling everything and starting over so I just assumed he was going to up it.
You would be correct, but why do you recommend the SA-12 over the AB XFL 1544? The XFL is larger, and it has more rms, that means it would be better, right?

I dont know where you are getting your prices from but its only 190-220 for the xfl 15 man American Bass XFL15| High Performance Car stereo 15" subwoofer
this is what a 700 dollar woofer looks like Sundown Audio Nightshade v.3 15" 2500w RMS Subwoofer - SSA STORE

thats why i said stick to lower powered subs. You can still do some work with cheaper subs. If you are confident in your trunk, measure the dimensions LxWxH make sure you have room for putting the sub in the opening of your trunk. Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume Input the dimensions in the square enclosure section. for thickness use 0.75 that is the thickness of 3/4 mdf.

If you have 7.5-10 cubic feet then we can think about doing a American Bass XFL1822 or a Ethos 15" Subwoofer - 1800 watts - directsoundsolutions.com

If you only have 5-7.5 cubic feet then you are limited to a single 15 or maybe a pair of 12s max buddy.
Well if I did this correctly, and I believe I did, this is my cubic feet "11.50369".

You would be correct, but why do you recommend the SA-12 over the AB XFL 1544? The XFL is larger, and it has more rms, that means it would be better, right?
I recommended the SA15... The name in the link is wrong. The SA15 will take more power than what it is rated at. I recommended it because they still get loud on their rated power and because the rated power is lower it will be cheaper when you buy an amp. I can speak for the SA series personally and they sound great musically. I can't personally speak for the XFLs but I have heard nothing but great things about them. Either one would be a very solid choice. There are many other options though in a varying price range.

Should be enough room for 2 15s. Or one 18 if you want some space for a second battery and an amp rack. Hds200 15s or the xfl 18 or the ethos.
Would 1 Ppi ba7000.1d run 2 xfl 15s? I'm liking where this is going! I looked into building my own box, it seems hard but fun!

Would 1 Ppi ba7000.1d run 2 xfl 15s? I'm liking where this is going! I looked into building my own box, it seems hard but fun!
It should run it but would need battery upgrades and the big 3 to keep voltages high and stable.

For a ported box, go with aeroports its easier to build and more efficient using less port area giving you more airspace. Youll be just making a square box, reinforce with bracing, and using a pcv pipe or sonotube that you can buy from home depot.

you like where its going until you see what it'll cost you in electrical.... I'm telling you man your biting more than you can chew. but yea go with an aero port it'll be a lot easier for you to build. they sell them here Precision Port 6" Flared Port Tube Kit

It should run it but would need battery upgrades and the big 3 to keep voltages high and stable.
For a ported box, go with aeroports its easier to build and more efficient using less port area giving you more airspace. Youll be just making a square box, reinforce with bracing, and using a pcv pipe or sonotube that you can buy from home depot.
Okay so using a port would obviously change how I mke this box, I was just going to follow this

but it looks like I won't be able to. Could I make a normal sealed box, then cut a hole for the port? Also, where can I find recommended box dimensions for the xfl1544? I can't seem to find them anywhere! I need to know how to tell them to cut the wood.

Okay so using a port would obviously change how I mke this box, I was just going to follow this

Make it as big as your trunk clearance can fit, the more airspace the better. I need your max LxWxH and we'll figure out your port area and how many aeros you need and how long.

Make it as big as your trunk clearance can fit, the more airspace the better. I need your max LxWxH and we'll figure out your port area and how many aeros you need and how long.
The middle of the trunk is 41" across left from right, I'm assuming that would be the W, so I'll go from there.

H 18"

L 32"

But the in the trunk closer to the seats the W gets a bit smaller, so should I measure the smallest W or what?

The middle of the trunk is 41" across left from right, I'm assuming that would be the W, so I'll go from there. H 18"

L 32"

But the in the trunk closer to the seats the W gets a bit smaller, so should I measure the smallest W or what?
yes because if its deep and wide like that, it wont go all the way in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.