would .5 cu. ft. be enough for JL 10w0-4?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeff
10+ year member

Texas
I currently have (2) JL 10w0-4's in a sealed box behind the seat of a reg. cab truck. I have a JBL bp600.1 on them doing 600 watts rms combined to both subs (parallel), and it is beating the fug out of them. I have .75 cu. ft. in each half of the box for a total of 1.5 after divider and sub displacement. My question is: would roughly .5 cul ft. per sub be enough if I added a third? My thinking is that if a 1.33 ohm load draws no more power than a 2 ohm load as I have it now, then three subs would take the power better than two (roughly 200 rms watts each vs. 300). Subs are rated at 125 rms each. Would this poly fill stuff help with the smaller volume? BTW, JL recommends .75 each for sealed subs, but somewhere I had heard .5 to .9. What do you guys think?

Well, I am the one who built the box, and could make it larger, but I don't want to lose anymore leg room. I am 6'3" and this is a reg. cab truck. I thought maybe the subs would sound at least as good, while extending their life a little.

Would that poly fill crap work? I have never used it or known anyone who has. Supposed to slow down sound waves or something like that?

maybe wouldnt hurt the extra cone area will help that too but its something that i dont think is figurable i think u would just have to try it..i dont know the factor in the equation the poly would give

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.