Worth it?

So another question that comes to mind would be... Is that Icon you have a DVC4 ohm sub??Are you running @2ohms?? If so.. You would benefit for a single 12 DVC2 and run your existing amplifier @the 1ohm load and gain more out put for sure. I personally would not alter the custom made enclosure for that Icon you have. Id keep it and later If you decide you are not happy with the new sub, at least you can put the Icon and the tuned enclosure back in.

I didn't take out for the port area.
Gotcha. I am not a box builder by any means, but I know the formula, and to subtract the thickness of the wood and then over all port is all I really know to get over all CU FT before displacement. Ive never used Winds or anythingelse, Just a calculator/Old School

I would do one of the Glue and Screw enclosures from GP Audio and Look at a single 1k-1500 rms DVC2ohm 12" sub and run that amp @a 1ohm load. I can remember ever seeing the Icon made in a DVC2 ohm or even a DVC1 ohm, but only the DVC4? I could see them making a DVC2. I guess @denim could answer that question to clear that up for all of us unless others that have one other than a DVC4 could state. If the Enclosure is built by the specs shown and tuned as stated, that would be great for a decent nice low hitting sub, and running that amp at 1ohm load. Should do pretty nice

So there was a DVC2 ohm Icon made. Which one do you have??DVC2 or a DVC4? What Ohm load are you running? Specs at bottom state DVC4/DVC2 on this site

I'm 99% my Icon is a DVC2 with the 1200.2 running at 1ohm (it's been installed for almost 4.5 years) . When my boy tuned it a few weeks back, he was going to measure it but didn't get a chance to.

Also, not sure if it matters, but I believe when he took my sub out to move the box he commented that the enclosure was double walled.

I’ll check the dims tomorrow morning( I work nights) and reply back. Appreciate that.

Would like to stay around $450

You can scroll down and choose an enclosure to meet your expectations. I like the 33htz or lower for an XFL.You may even look at the SQubed HDX3 series. That sub is almost $400 bucks though and would be out of your budget with a new tuned enclosure, but worth taking a look at. Maybe even a Wolfram,Resilient Sounds or CT Sounds subs even?

Last edited:
I'm 99% my Icon is a DVC2 with the 1200.2 running at 1ohm (it's been installed for almost 4.5 years) . When my boy tuned it a few weeks back, he was going to measure it but didn't get a chance to.

Also, not sure if it matters, but I believe when he took my sub out to move the box he commented that the enclosure was double walled.
The only true way to know is to pull the sub Look at the Model # on the magnet and /or check each coil, or Take a DMM and Check the sub leads and check the final Ohm load at the amplifier(I like to do this with the wires removed from the amplifier.
The additional Thickness adds another .75 to be subtracted from the over all measurements that I came up with for a single layer which brings you closer to prob 2.2 more than likely. Most 1k-1500 watt subs will do fine in that enclosure. Id sure hate to see it get cut up ect and remodeled for a new sub when its customized and tuned for the Icon. If you can swing the cost on the Glue it screw it for the newer sub and get it tuned and like the Icon better, at least you can put that back in without having to modify the enclosure again.It may be right at $200 bucks with screws and Glue, and silicone?

I have a pair of these and they Slamm on a Taramps 3k.
I have two of these in tens and twelves also and they get down pretty good to for the $.. Out of Stock ATM but a really good series also

You can scroll down and choose an enclosure to meet your expectations. I like the 33htz or lower for an XFL.You may even look at the SQubed HDX3 series. That sub is almost $400 bucks though and would be out of your budget with a new tuned enclosure, but worth taking a look at. Maybe even a Wolfram,Resilient Sounds or CT Sounds subs even?

Not out of my budget. I stated $450 just for the sub. I don’t mind spending $200 for the GP box.

I have always heard good things about the SQ subs but liking that AB sub that Bobbytwonames posted.
If I went that route and picked up a Taramps 3k or the Sundown SIA 3500 , I would grab a HO Alt from Autotech as he is local to me.

Audiobaun , truly appreciate all of your insight.

Not out of my budget. I stated $450 just for the sub. I don’t mind spending $200 for the GP box.

I have always heard good things about the SQ subs but liking that AB sub that Bobbytwonames posted.
If I went that route and picked up a Taramps 3k or the Sundown SIA 3500 , I would grab a HO Alt from Autotech as he is local to me.

Audiobaun , truly appreciate all of your insight.
Gotcha man.Understood. That SQ HDX3 12 gets down pretty good in the right tuned enclosure, a pair in 4.0@32 can ripple a vehicle pretty good on decent power man, So can the XFLs.The GP Glue and Screw enclosures are worth the $ spent with a little time involved.Pretty nice deal. AB subs are some of the better budget subs Ive used myself and have. All have taken over rated clean power and I havent blown one yet, though I usually like stay within the Recommended RMS range so they survive.LOL.For the $ the Taramps 3k and the way they perform are hard to beat at the moment. My CT Sounds 2k does really well, I am Itching to get both strapped and put my 4-12s back in.If you could squeeze a nice pair of 750-1200 rms tens in there would be ideal IMO on 3k.But a good heavy 12 will get down too. The enclosure properly tuned and designed for the environment makes all the difference even for the Cheap Azzed Lanzar Max Pros 10s I had in my 240 made my eyes squint and my ears hurt like the old days. Its all about what you want to budget for,vehicle, supply for the demand, space given,and researching for the need/wants IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...