Worth it?

I get bored quick. My 12" Icon sounds good but want something that hits a little harder and thinking about swapping to a Sundown SA 12.

Box is built to spec for the Icon. Is it worth it to swap?
Wow, tired of your icon? I too am never satisfied and am always trying new setups but I’ve heard that the icon sounds good and hits!
How much power you running?

I get bored quick. My 12" Icon sounds good but want something that hits a little harder and thinking about swapping to a Sundown SA 12.

Box is built to spec for the Icon. Is it worth it to swap?
NOOO.You can get a better made sub that performs much better for your money. That Icon is a much better made sub and musically well rounded, but not an SPL type sub. What are the measurements of the Enclosure and what is it tuned too? What vehicle and what amplifier are you using? Pic of the Enclosure also to see port and sub locations.

"I'm bord of my 12in sub and want it to hit harder. So I'm going to switch it out with another 12in sub."😕

Sounds like you need TWO TWELVES, not one. Or a much higher power handling 12 with a more powerful amp. 🤷‍♂️

[
NOOO.You can get a better made sub that performs much better for your money. That Icon is a much better made sub and musically well rounded, but not an SPL type sub. What are the measurements of the Enclosure and what is it tuned too? What vehicle and what amplifier are you using? Pic of the Enclosure also to see port and sub locations.

SQ 1200.2 I’m not 100% on the box specs as I had it built, but was told it was built to the Icons specs.

Car is a BMW 435i

Attachments

• 849B6712-0672-49FF-9620-4014F5331FAE.jpeg
    849B6712-0672-49FF-9620-4014F5331FAE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
The RMS on that Icon is 1,250 watts. I would go up to at least 1,500 watt amplifier first. Those Icons can take a beating. Plus SSA is known to be a little conservative with their RMS ratings on subwoofers. At best with box rise and what not you might be seeing 900 watts at the subwoofer, maybe a little higher at around 1,000 watts.

[

SQ 1200.2 I’m not 100% on the box specs as I had it built, but was told it was built to the Icons specs.

Car is a BMW 435i
Nice box visually. Not sure what the specs are though. Every trunk box I’ve ever had, I would push it up close to the rear of the trunk with about 6-8” of space between. I see soo many folks pushing all the way back to the seat. Looks good and neat but sacrifices sound, in my experience.

Nice box visually. Not sure what the specs are though. Every trunk box I’ve ever had, I would push it up close to the rear of the trunk with about 6-8” of space between. I see soo many folks pushing all the way back to the seat. Looks good and neat but sacrifices sound, in my experience.

I'll try that, thanks.

[

Car is a BMW 435i
Maybe you can give us the LxWxH measurements? LxWxD of the Port?Ill see if I can research the Icon enclosure specs later this evening and compare. Really Great amplifier. What is your Budget for the sub?

Maybe you can give us the LxWxH measurements? LxWxD of the Port?Ill see if I can research the Icon enclosure specs later this evening and compare. Really Great amplifier. What is your Budget for the sub?

I’ll check the dims tomorrow morning( I work nights) and reply back. Appreciate that.

Would like to stay around $450

Last edited:
The Icon is a SQ sub. My question was if a sub more known for SPL would make much a difference.
Keep your dumb ass response to yourself.

You have a sub pushed all the way back in a trunk car, talking about replacing one 12 for another so it can "hit harder", without talking about increasing power, clearly you dont know what the fk you're doing. 💩

There's no difference between SQ or SPL subs in terms of output. It's all in the TS parameters, and if there are differences in relationship to TS parameters, they are very small.

Either you need a higher power handling 12in sub with more power, or get another of the same sub for a total of two. 🤷‍♂️

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...