worlds fastest sentra

what cold air system did you use? Jim Wolf, Injen, etc? I have K&N filters but ive always wanted an Injen intake...maybe even the JW Pop Chargers
it was a while back i dont remember. i would say to you though, see if you can make the airpath TO the filters less restrictive. my neighbor has a 92 300z. ill ask him if i can scope it out and see if thats possible.

Re: worlds fastest sentra
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, if you can read ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac

The only thing it has going for it is potential

yes now finish the sentence. i believe it was "as a sr20det but that requires low comp pistons". now you dont need different pistons to make a sr20d motor handle boost reliably. you just need to make sure you have no detonation at all. granted you dont need as much boost as the det because of the compression. plenty of cold air, alcohol injection and proper timing will make the power very reliably. theres more to life than just reading book smarts. that is only the first part. firsthand experience goes along way after that. ive done alot of work on alot of cars. i doubt you have.
Yeah, but you can only get SO much air in at 7-9psi, which is what you'll be running at that boost level. True, the higher comp will help, but it will immediately mean you need higher octane.

The LS1 guys run into this problem, and they do add alky, but they are limited to about 8-9psi in completely stock form. Most get new heads which reduce the CR to be able to run an extra 2 psi.

Yes, the SR20 can handle boost reliably, but it will not handle anything over 10-12psi based solely on its stock CR,and the mere fact that 91 octane(in CA) is no good for high CR,FI motors. Unless of course you run about 13 degrees of timing.

any motor can handle boost, its a matter of what does it better.

image033.jpg

That is, by far, one of the coolest pics i've ever seen. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.