Working on door pods, how to aim comps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Blazin_Jason
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Working on a set of door pods (first fg project) for my first gen s15 jimmy. Speakers are PG octane zr 6.5's. I have a couple options on how to aim the speakers. I'm leaning towards mounting the mid parallel to the panel and not aiming it towards the opposite headrest, but aim the tweeter. Or I could aim the mid towards the headrest, but it would mean that the pod will be at least 2" deeper. Couple of crappy pics to show what I mean.

Parallel to the panel

Aimed

Throw a towel behind the mid to absorb the back wave and test, test, test. See what works best to avoid a headache in the long run...

Each car is different from the next, just as each speaker will react differently...the tweeters I would try to experiment up in the A-pillars, firing towards each other across the dash...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.