Wooferetc. Scam Plus Image Dynamics Scam Cooperation

Well from my understanding, they know which serial number was sent to this individual.. that tells me somewhere there is a paper that says "Subwoofer XXX-XXXX-XXXXX was sent to John Doe at 555 Scam'em rd. Gotcha, PA 66666" but I suppose your right, as far as the return goes, they could throw any number out there and there is no way to know if its true... Criminal prosecution is probably the only route, sadly.. Just to much questionable action from both sides.. yes. both sides! As a business its a shame Woofers allowed this to happen. If it was a switch, then tell him to **** off. If you scammed him, rot in jail. But before then, I really do need a free recone on those CVR's lol, being as your more willing to participate in swapped subs (that tells me they are not completely innocent.. sorry.)

Cracks me up you retards would even think of paying return shipping on something that was anything other than exactly what you paid for and expected to receive.

woofersetc should have sent replacement the moment they were first contacted about the damaged woofer. All they had to do was ask for pics to verify damage. If they were scammed the they should have taken legal action. I have never had a problem returning anything that was damage during shipment, ever. I bought a bench sander and ups used it as a football. I called the seller, they sent me a shipping label, I shipped it back. They sent me another, same thing happened. I took pics and sent them an email. They asked if I could live with it for a partial refund, I agreed and repaired the item. Problem solved, happy seller, happy buyer. None of this would have happened if woofersetc would have asked for pictures of damage and resolved the issue first thing. The op has been asked for and has shown documentation of his claims, woofersetc has not. Lots of posters have made wild accusations about the op's wrong doing and shown no evidence but they ask for his. $250 is a lot more money to you and me than a large company. Now I will have second thoughts about buying from them as many others will, the $250 will turn into thousands.

If they record phone calls then I believe by law they're required to announce that every time someone calls in. "Your call may be recorded ..." On the flip side, it's probably not legal to release said recordings to the wild blue yonder. There's no way any phone call recordings are going to be posted.

Hello, CarAudio.com Members. This is Julian writing from WoofersEtc.com. I wanted to clarify things and provide our company's side of the story before any further discussion commenced.
The customer placed an order with us on December 27th, 2012, which we shipped promptly the same day of purchase. The customer, after receiving the woofer, contacted us regarding the item. He had an issue with the Image Dynamics woofer we had sent him; he said it had some blemishes, and some chips on the magnet. When we spoke with him on the phone, we asked him to send us some pictures so that we could determine whether the damage happened in shipping, or if it was a manufacturer's defect. After receiving our request for photos of the damaged woofer, he immediately became very irate and began using profanity with us. We offered to pick the woofer up at our expense to swap it out and ship him another, and he refused, saying he no longer wanted the woofer. We then offered to have it picked up at our expense and refund him, and he also refused this offer. He continued to yell, scream, and use profanity with us, hanging up on our phone conversations multiple times.

A Manager called him later in the afternoon and tried to once again resolve the issue, offering him the same fair options (replacement or refund at no expense to the customer) and the customer continued to use rude, foul language and hung up on him as well. During the conversation with the Manager he said he would prefer to do a Paypal claim and go through Paypal directly. He also refused the manager's request to send any pictures of the sub, it's packaging, or the supposed damage.

The man's behavior seemed very odd to us, and we were sure that something was up. The customer filed a Paypal claim, and shipped the woofer back at his own expense. When the package landed here we determined that the woofer was not one from our inventory. We responded to Paypal with the facts and won the dispute. Paypal sided with us, based on their investigtion, and did not issue a refund to the customer. We received a very upset and angry message from the customer yesterday, threatening to go to every forum and cause havoc and tarnish our name, along with plenty of other threats. Even though the woofer was not ours and we knew this, in an attempt to diffuse the situation we offered to have Image Dynamics bill us and ship him a new woofer, to which he, being unrealistic and unreasonable once again, replied that he is not concerned about the funds, but wanted criminal prosecution.

Today when we read the thread on the forum for the first time, we realized how unreasonable he really was, and our assumption that he was up to something was correct. He claims that he video taped the product being sent back, and that alone is very questionable behavior. WoofersEtc takes these situations very seriously, and typically these are matters in which we get the authorities involved. If this customer feels as though he still needs to seek prosecution like he mentioned several times previously, he is more than welcome to, as he has every right to do so.

In conclusion, we were going to have Image Dynamics send him a new woofer directly from their warehouse so that he could not assume that we purposely sent him another bad subwoofer. We were doing this out of our own free will and customer service, not because we had done anything wrong, or were obligated to do so. He refused even these offers of good-will. Not even would he agree to have Image Dynamics ship him a new woofer directly. He was only concerned with prosecution, according to what he told us.

Our offer still stands to have Image Dynamics replace the woofer, just out of good faith and customer service, regardless of the fact that the woofer he sent us was not purchased from our establishment.

As many of you know, and for those who don't, WoofersEtc is one of the original online Car Audio dealers, and throughout the nearly 14 years we have been selling Car Audio Equipment online, we've always strived to provide the best customer service we possibly can. With fulfilling over 10,000 orders a month, and catering to over 100,000 customers a year, we do our best to take care of every last customer. Making 100% of the customers happy, 100% of the time is only possible when the buyers are reasonable and honest people.

Anybody with a background is retail or customer service knows that there will always be some unrealistic or unfair customers out there. No matter how honest, polite, fair, or flexible you are, there is always a customer who wants to take advantage, and isn't satisfied until you regret having sold them anything. Unfortunately when you're talking about thousands of customers per week, there is no way to avoid a few of these.

All in all, we simply wanted to explain the situation as best as possible so that there wouldn't be any further confusion regarding the matter.

We appreciate you taking the time to read both this lengthy message and thread, and hope that it will help you understand the situation that we are in.

Thank you,

-Julian

WoofersEtc.com
i learned in high school not to begin my conclusion with "in conclusion" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

It didn't sound like Woofersetc has the serial number they shipped. What they claimed was that the returned serial number didn't come from their inventory, meaning they

probably got record from ID saying their stock order consisted of serial number xy to xz.

If alligations are correct, this sub was probably previously returned and put back in stock by mistake. I work in a repair shop and I've been delivered a core by mistake on more than one occasion. Which also means, it probably wouldn't have a serial number matching what "SHOULD" be in their inventory.

It didn't sound like Woofersetc has the serial number they shipped. What they claimed was that the returned serial number didn't come from their inventory, meaning they probably got record from ID saying their stock order consisted of serial number xy to xz.

If alligations are correct, this sub was probably previously returned and put back in stock by mistake. I work in a repair shop and I've been delivered a core by mistake on more than one occasion. Which also means, it probably wouldn't have a serial number matching what "SHOULD" be in their inventory.
or it was bought from ID then he tried to have wooferetc send him a new one when he sent his beat ass, used sub back claiming it was the new one from woofersetc.

But i like this explanation.. explains the beat up sub claimed as new, woofers claiming wrong serial number, and all the blind fire between woofers and this kid/punk haha

also the subs you might have sent back may have been a different version with different parts . from what i am reading in your little conversations it is as i was saying all along . You did The old switcheroo and wanted a refund ! they offered to replace the sub , and from the manufacturer directly and you denied the request . that is good customer service , especially them knowing you pulled switched subs . I'm glad i removed my subscription from this thread ... All the evidence to me tells me you were shady from the beginning . When they asked you for photos of the damages from the sub and packing material , You got irate and spewed profanities at people . i have dealt with people like you before . Just glad i wasn't the one you tried to scam
yes, because your continued viewing of this thread is invaluable to us all

If they record phone calls then I believe by law they're required to announce that every time someone calls in. "Your call may be recorded ..." On the flip side, it's probably not legal to release said recordings to the wild blue yonder. There's no way any phone call recordings are going to be posted.
I would believe that the recordings can be released if both parties involved agrees that there's no problem with it. If the customer doesn't have a problem with it, and the company doesn't either, why the fuck not?

I would believe that the recordings can be released if both parties involved agrees that there's no problem with it. If the customer doesn't have a problem with it, and the company doesn't either, why the fuck not?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

problem with that is with this being the internet who's to say the person giving permisson is actually the person involved?

Actually it's only one party that needs to know and seeing as working for the business, called X should know. At least here in this **** cold *** state of Michigan...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

smoothfidelity

10+ year member
smoothfidelity
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from