woofer cutting out

CHUCKmfnNORRIS
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CT
i have a 12" lethal injection from incriminator audio and it sounds great. the issue i have is that when ever i turn it up to 700watts it cuts out on the long notes. i have the big three done with 0 gauge wire and 0 gauge wire to the amp and ground.

would adding a cap help, i think its just not getting enough voltage when its up there. i have it running smooth around 800 but it just draws too much power.

any help would be great

sorry if this is a bit of a noob question.

the sub is a duel 4 wired in parallel and the amp is stable at 1000rms watts at 2ohms and 1500rms at 1 ohm. i do already have an upgraded alt from mean green. i did have a duel optima battery setup that i sold along with my plow and winch, kept the alt but got rid of the other upgrades. i have an interstate battery right now that is 8 years old.

the sub is a duel 4 wired in parallel and the amp is stable at 1000rms watts at 2ohms and 1500rms at 1 ohm. i do already have an upgraded alt from mean green. i did have a duel optima battery setup that i sold along with my plow and winch, kept the alt but got rid of the other upgrades. i have an interstate battery right now that is 8 years old.
So you don't have any of the other battery, just the 8 year old one?

i have an old 2 farad cap but all the screws are stripped.

and mean green alts are worth the $400, i have one in my '99 wrangler and one in my '73 cj-5

i have the big three done and that helped with the dimming of the headlights and dash lights. my alt puts out far more amps than the factory alt did, i checked all the connections and everything is fine. im gonna try a new battery and see where that gets me.

i used a DMM to set the gain to 700 watts, i turned it down to 600 yesterday and it still cuts out when i turn it up, and its not clipping at all, it cuts out when its running or not.

Have you checked your ground and other wiring for any lose connections? Stock electrical systems can handle 600 fine, so if you have an upgraded alt and it cuts out while its running, i think there is another problem. I would check every connection on your power wire including the fuse and make sure all connections are solid. And where is it grounded? Has that spot been sanded down to bare metal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.