wont be able to buy rockford fosgate on line any more?

fosgate SVT
10+ year member

I DONT KNOW IF YOU NOTICED BUT MOST CAR AUDIO SITES ON HERE HAVNT BEEN GETTING ANY MORE ROCKFORD PRODUCTS SHIPPED TO THEM TO SELL ONLINE FOR EXAMPLE SOUNDDOMAIN DONT HAVE ANY MORE 1000.1 AND ONLY HAVE A FEW OF THE 1500.1 LEFT ,I CALLED UP CBRSTEREO.COM TALKED WITH HIM FOR WHILE HE SAID ROCKFORDS GOING TO BE REAL HARD TO BUY ON LINE IN A FEW MONTHS I GUESS THE COMPANY DONT LIKE HOW LOW THE PRICES ARE? SO I GUESS WHEN THE ONLINE DEALERS RUN OUTA ROCKFORD THTA MEANS NO MORE, THIS IS JUST WHAT THE GUY AT CBRSTEREO.COM SAID

I HOPE ITS NOT REALLY TRUE BECAUSE IM NOT GOING TO GO TO MY LOCAL SHOP AND PAY 800.00 FOR A 1000.1 LOL WELL IF ANY 1 KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS LET ME KNOW

I doubt a company as large as RF will come to this...

Possible Backorder and Short Supply would be more realistic due to the touchy economy right now.

Allthough, hypothetically speaking, lets say RF does follow through with this bit for the reasons you have named. In My opinion, this would give me all the more reason to not purchase another RF product. Thier prices at many local dealers are allready so drastically inflated; that these actions by RF would give good belief that they are no longer in this industry for the consumer and the sport, but instead, only for the mighty dollar. Granted, they have to make thier profits..... I am not arguing that point.... My problem lies only when they do this on the backs of thier customers.

Hypothetically speaking only......

Otherwise, I would still look forward to RF to be sold on the internet, mabey not as strongly right now- as they are releasing a new product line this year, however, thier presence will still be there.

take it easy,

-zane

Good point has happened to companys before would be very stupid to do that RF needs to remeber that not too many people are going to go and buy thier products when they are marked up so high but I woulkd not trust the guys at cbrstereo for many reasons havent had good history with them terrible online store.

It would be Rockford's loss if they pulled out of the on-line market. Their retail prices are so rediculous that I will never even think about looking for an RF amp at retail price. I think Rockford will not pull from the on-line market because they have a good deal of business over the internet. Since I have joined this messgae forum I have heard from multiple people that they are going to or had bought RF on-line. The only reason that I could see RF doing so is if they are losing a lot of business at retail stores, which I'd think would be RF's priority. However, I doubt it.

First of all, I have had great experiences with CBRStereo.com. I got two punch amps from them last year, as well as my RF head unit. Very good place.

However, I believe it could be just a rumor. I think RF always had the power to stop unauthorized selling on the internet but the more people who buy their product the more visible they become. Kids always want the the older kids have, and the older kids have RF, so the legacy continues. It's kind of like how Adobe and Macromedia don't do much to stop warez traders from giving away serials or copies of Photoshop and Flash. It's because they want people to learn to use thier products. They want the product out there.

RF wants the produce out there so they allow selling online. Sure, the store prices are inflated but don't forget, folks are paying for RF trained installers to install, and then they get the full factory warranty. That is worth a lot for most people. For us it's worth it to buy online because either we know how to install it, or we know that an RF amp is gonna last more than three years anyway, so we don't need no stinkin warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.