Wong05tsx's first box build log

wong05tsx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Oakland, CA
Gonna be my first build! I hope everything will be as easy as it looks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif ...

16cu ft (1.54) sealed box (figuring out dimensions & tuning of a ported got too confusing in my limited trunk space!)

What's going in:

2289351_122_full.jpg

Picked up what I could afford + the wood cut at home depot (no saw at home! and cant afford one) For the most part, the pieces are pretty good, theres a few that is off by about 1 or 2 cm at the most + or -, but it should be alright with a few screws.

Pretty much what I'll be working with... =X!

P1010318.jpg

First side up.. notice the little ammount of space i got to work with =(.. **** small house

P1010319.jpg

updates to come..

you work inside? that's hard core. If you didn't live halfway across the US from me I'd let you come over and use my space and tools
Yeah :\, no wooden table or anything so even if i brought it outside it wouldnt make a difference.. and theres zero to no tools in the house since im a single parent family (mother only)

Got whatever tools i could with the 30$ i had, a borrowed a drill from my friend

Update:

Wall 2 up

P1010320.jpg

Is 3 screws good enough?

P1010321.jpg

from afar.. looking good so far o_O?

P1010322.jpg

Three screws is plenty, the only thing they do is keep the wood tightly clamped together while the glue dries. A lot of people don't even use screws, or they remove them after the box is fully assembled.

I like the Username //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i would personally countersink those screws, but thats just my preference
predrilled some holes in it before the screws to save some money instead of buying countersinks =O, 7 screws so far no splits

wait a minute...you drive an acura tsx but can't afford some hand tool
In debt from paying for school... and I'll probably be only using these tools once or twice and it'll just sit there collecting dust!

I like the Username
at first i thought someone had made an account just to make fun of me, but apparently not //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just went to get some food, updates to come!

5 sides completed. the bottom doesnt exactly fit flush, but i suppose its close enough, i saw this polyurethane filler stuff thats suppose to fill in cracks at Home depot that i think ill pick up and just fill in the corners just in case there isn't air tight, but it looks air tight!

I wish I had a saw and like perfect cut pieces so that it would look better :\, but I suppose i gotta work with what i got..

4 sides and the bottom on

P1010323.jpg

P1010324.jpg

about 2cm too short!, gonna fill this part in with that stuff from HD.

think i'll pick up some corner/L brackets for extra support too

hey i build all my boxes inside too....

maybe living in seattle has made me suspicious of the clouds on the horizon...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.