Wondering if its worth it

What exactly do you mean by a car that is "worth it"?

I would say go for it and put a system with a non-custom enclosure (that way it can always come out if you sell the car)

If you don't plan on buying a new car with in the next year go for it. it'll give you a chance to familarize your self with the equipment. And you don't wanna get a new car and get a custom box for a pair sony xplodes(not the ES model) do ya? If money is a real issue for ya, then hold off and learn more about equipment, and find out where some comps are so you can hear it all in action.

hope this helped

Yea, money for me is an issue right now, ill have close to maybe 400 - 500 for a system, im lookin for a basic one..just replace the speakers in my 89' Volvo 740 Turbo and maybe put in subs and i will put in a new headset...

And your right i know next to nothing about systems basically, i know little bit about the equipment but i don't have a valid idea what brands are good, what fields they are best in etc...etc...

where would i learn all this?

Thanks,

-NOS

thank you once again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I say yes put a new system in it. I also was running on a budget with the audio deal. Thats until I found Cirucit City and got some real good deals. Don't look to get fancy with it. But you get bass for the buck. They have some MTX subs for 50-60 bucks. They have some 6x9's from Kenwood for some good prices too. They have a JVC head unit for around 179-190. Its up to you what you want. But those are only some of the products.circuitcity.com

i dun want fancy system i just don't wanna waste my money on some sony subs which produce k-mart quality sound(so ive heard)...thx bassman i was prolly gonna look into going to circuit city. Do they cost anything to put in? I know nothing about putting a system in...

thank you. Does anyone know what kind of job they'll do? Or do you think it would be better for me to wait a couple months and learn more and put it in myself?

I would let them put it in. When I did my first install I messed up my CD player. But I think for safety reasons you need to take it to Circuit City. Watch them as they do it. Thats how I kinda learned what to do.

I dissagree... In my opinion, you should take it to your local car audio shop. Not a local chain like circuit city or the wiz, or best buy.. etc... They dont do the job quite as well as small car audio shops.... For example, circuit city would use crimping clips where as a local car audio would actually solder the connections... little things like that make a big diff in the future, and they cost roughly the same price..

Best of luck -LuRp

$$$$$$$$. Was also an issue for me when i started off. Get this - I WAITED AND SAVED FOR 4 YRS TO GET MY SYSTEM, during those 4 years I almost went insane, did suicide, the lot as everyone else had a lil system. But....after the save it all paid off - went out and bought the equipment I still have, AND kicked everyone's ass I knew who were round my yard each day tryina show off - 3xECLIPSE DVC's, custom box weighing a tonne, top ///Alpine HU, Dynaudio comps up front and just the 1 6.5inch coaxial for rear fill - SQ & SPL.

Moral of the story? If u save you'll either a)go insane b)give up c)end up with a mother fkr of a system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.