Wiring?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hmmm, ok, well, another question, I hear Pheonix Gold wire has the least noise, and is a good price, I have the money for it, i don't mind paying the more for better wire, I know the difference, lol. So, my question is this, Pheonix Gold? anyone agree?

i hate to tell u but wire is pretty much wire whether u feel the need to spend more on flashier wire PG is good though but probly just as good as if u went to walmart and bought one of their amp kits. but if the PG gives u the peace of mind and u dont mind spending the extra couple bucks then get it

Lol, have you never heard a noise meter on wire? Like monster? it is the noisest cable i have ever heard, pg was decent, for SQ cars there is a difference, I was just wondering if anyone knew of cleaner wire...

well im glad to help and i think i would go with the 12g because i forgot im using 10g tsunami wire wit my 450 so like i said 12g should suit u fine

Personally i go overboard with everything garunteeing that i can get the needed current on demand. For my old jensen 250w i used 8ga ... for any amp i don't use any wire thinner that 8 awg. For my Kenwood 350w i use 4 awg up untill a foot before the amp then split it down to 8awg. For my audiobahn 6601X ( around 700w - 750w ) i used 2 gauge wire. Im not even gonna go with all i used for my 18001DT's. You want to make sure that you can get the current that u need at all times. Lack of current causes clipping, distortion, and overheating of components. Which shortens the lifespan of some amps.

Hey overkill takes the doubt out of the equation. It also leaves room for improvement. With overkill i never have to ask the question or do the equations to find out if it is enough.

Lol, have you never heard a noise meter on wire? Like monster? it is the noisest cable i have ever heard, pg was decent, for SQ cars there is a difference, I was just wondering if anyone knew of cleaner wire...
You're dreamin' - but to each his own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.