bad alternator?

Participant count
  • Participant list

p169
10+ year member

louder than you
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif just put a 190 amp phionx gold power flow (molde#006573) in my truck and now i have a dead battery. the battery was fully charged and i did not arc the alternator when i put it in. the battery was disconted. would there be any reson the battery would die on me besides a bad alternater? does this alternater have a bad history? i have did not had this problem with my old gm 78amp alternor.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif just put a 190 amp phionx gold power flow (molde#006573) in my truck and now i have a dead battery. the battery was fully charged and i did not arc the alternator when i put it in. the battery was disconted. would there be any reson the battery would die on me besides a bad alternater? does this alternater have a bad history? i have did not had this problem with my old gm 78amp alternor.

I have heard of several problems with these alternators. If you are looking for a good high amp alternator I would suggest contacting Ohio Generator. I have been in the car audio business for over ten years and have never had any problems with any of thier products. They also offer a very knowledged tech staff.

Alternators can be tested at most of the auto parts chain stores. Have you made any measurements with the engine running (voltmeter or ammeter) with headlights and stuff? It's not rocket science if you have some simple test equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.