Wiring up T-Rex 10' 2ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

OllieT

CarAudio.com Newbie
Right guys, this might sound bit daft but I'm trying to figure out how to wire up my sub properly. I got a bd audio T-Rex 10inch 3000w speaker, it's a double coil 2 ohm each. So each coil is 2ohm and I want to run it at 2 ohm so does that matter what side terminal I use or there is a difference? It can run 1000w rms at 2 ohms and this is what I want to push out of it. I can wire it up at 1ohm or 4 ohms but I don't want to. The amp I got is a kenwood monoblock it supports 4 ohm at 500w rms and 2 ohm at 1000w rms. So on a speaker both sides are at 2 ohm so to with side I should wire it up? Or does that matter , can I choose any? Tried to find an answer on google but all I could find is how to wire up in series and other options but nothing about this

This is the subwoofer

Attachments

• dieselpowerede46_20200218_213624_1.jpg
    dieselpowerede46_20200218_213624_1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 264
Is getting a 1 ohm stable amp out of the question? Sound like that sub can handle more than your current amp can throw at it.
Thing is when purchased sub also brought a new monoblock at same time. Always had a single coil subs and this my first with dvc so I'm new to this type. Think I will wire it up to 4ohm and run at stable 500w rms from amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.