Wiring up an SMD vm-1

Participant count
  • Participant list

Denial-

CarAudio.com Recruit
Pa
I just got one of those analog led volt meters by smd and wanted to put it in. Just wanted to make sure first that I'm correct in thinking I can just run long runs of regular 18 Guage from the wire harness from the head unit to the meter itself right? The instructions say red is + black is ground and yellow is remote turn on so I'd just wire red to + on the head unit harness black to ground on there and then just tap into the turn on for the Amp correct? Just wanna make sure im doing this right before doing it all the wrong way and it not working lol thanks guys.

I would wire it to your amplifier or battery.
Yellow on the remote wire from the headunit to amp.
Red to amplifier positive or battery positive
Black to amp ground or battery ground.

I would wire it to your amplifier or battery.
Yellow on the remote wire from the headunit to amp.
Red to amplifier positive or battery positive
Black to amp ground or battery ground.
Oh ****, so don't use the head unit harness and splice into the wires like that from them? Go directly to the battery with the postive and negative? I could still use the remote turn on from the head unit harness for the remote turn on for the meter though right? Only reason I'm asking is because I'm getting ready to put in a new head unit anyway and wanna just wire it up at the same time im doing all that just do it all together at once. Thank you for the reply to man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...