Wiring up 3sixty.1 and amp into Bose system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Red Rocket
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
All of this stuff will be going into a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi with the factory Bose system and factory head unit. I've never installed a signal processor before and never had to tap into the factory wiring like this before so I want to make sure I have everything all planned out before beginning the install.

I'm looking at buying the Kicker CK44 amp kit because it seems like the best and cheapest option for what I need. It's intended for a 4 channel amp but it doesn't have to be used for that. I would be using this kit to wire up my Audiobahn A8000T (yeah, I know).

# 4 Gauge 4-Channel Amplifier Power Kit

# Handles 2000 watts peak

# Handles 1000 watts RMS

# Hyper-Flex Power Cable

# 20 Foot - 4 Gauge Power Cable

# 3 Foot - 4 Gauge Ground Cable

# 20 Foot - 16 Gauge Turn-on Lead

# Fuse Holder

# 100 Amp ANL Fuse

# 17 meters 4-Channel Twisted-Signal Cables

# 60 Foot - 16 gauge Speaker Cable

My real questions are around the process of wiring up the signal processor to my factory wiring and my amp. I'm pretty sure that I would just want to tap into the speaker leads right before the Bose amp in the back for the 3sixty.1. Do I just use basic speaker cable to do that or is there some special type of wire I should be using? Then, how do I wire the 3sixty.1 to my amp? Just basic speaker cable or RCAs?

I know that I'll need additional power, ground, and remote wires for the 3sixty.1 but don't know where I would purchase them. What size wire would you recommend?

Sorry if the questions are dumb but I don't want to screw up this install.

Here are some pictures of the ends of the 3sixty.1 and my amp to help anyone. Hell, if someone could make a diagram, I would REALLY appreciate it.

3sixty1_1_l.jpg

h5753SiXTY1-f_DG_ACC.jpg

h037a8000t-o_s1_dg.jpg

h037a8000t-o_s2_dg.jpg

your gonna have to grab the speaker wires from the speakers run them to the 3sixty, make sure the polarity is right for each one then run RCA's to the amp

may i ask why you didnt just change the radio out?

I don't know if you can integrate that into the stock bose system. Unless the stock bose amp has rca inputs, which I doubt. I would just grab a small aftermarket amp to power you stock speakers until you can switch those out too.

I don't know if you can integrate that into the stock bose system. Unless the stock bose amp has rca inputs, which I doubt. I would just grab a small aftermarket amp to power you stock speakers until you can switch those out too.
It can be done, trust me. I know plenty of others have done it. If I need to, I buy a LOC and then I'm set.

just tap from the speakers AFTER the bose amp and hook that up to the high-level inputs.

those rca's on the side are outputs not inputs, so dont worry about your radio not having rca's, it's not supposed to.

just tap from the speakers AFTER the bose amp and hook that up to the high-level inputs.those rca's on the side are outputs not inputs, so dont worry about your radio not having rca's, it's not supposed to.
Should I just use basic speaker wire for that? I'm also assuming it will be just one wire or do I need to tap each individual speaker wire? Thanks for the help.

yea speaker wire's fine.

if you can find the factory bose amp just connect it to all 4 outputs right there, otherwise you may need to go to all 4 speakers.

edit: since you're only using it for the subs you can do the rear speakers only.

yea speaker wire's fine.if you can find the factory bose amp just connect it to all 4 outputs right there, otherwise you may need to go to all 4 speakers.

edit: since you're only using it for the subs you can do the rear speakers only.
Great, thanks a lot man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.