Wiring through door boot

sbglen

Make: Toyota

Model: Sienna LE 2001 with JBL audio (yes it's a minivan)

I just bought new components (Rockford Fosgate Punch P1675-S) for my front doors since the old speakers blew out awhile ago. I also bought a Pioneer GM-A3602 amp (60 watts rms) for the new components.

The componets have a built in crossover so I don't need to mount anything, but I cant run the amp wire and tweeter wire to the speakers in the door. I have tried to run it through the door boot but no matter what I do it will not work. I tried using a wire, plastic tube and ziptie but nothing worked.

Whenever I tried to run it through it would disappear into the frame I believe. I can't see any hole or the wire that comes out of the boot when I duck my head under my dash.

I was able to fit the wire from the door into the boot, but then it just disappeared. Is there anyway to run the wires into my car through the boot or do I need to drill? Also, when I looked under the dash for the hole, it looked like the boot went into the parking brake mechanism, idk if that helps.

View attachment 26554429View attachment 26554430View attachment 26554431View attachment 26554432

Gotta love sideways/upside down pics.

More than likely, the wire goes thru but finds another direction up, away from your eyeing area, etc. If you can remove more panels to be able to see better, I suggest it. If it helps any, find a long piece of wire, paint it orange or green or something bright so you can try and follow it see where it goes. Using standard color wire under the dash is just gonna be more confusing to ya.

I usually end up starting with a piece of solid copper wire or a coat hanger from the door side into the car, and if that doesn't work, I resort to a small slit in the boot and finangle it from there. I've always been able to get wires through. Even heavier duty zip ties work as a fish. Sometimes they even work out better since they can bend around easier than the solid wire or a coat hanger.

Another thing I've done is pry the boot loose from the vehicle side, fish towards the car first, then fish back into the door. Getting the boot back on $ucks sometimes though.

a good 3-4 ft plastic tie wrap does wonders in pulling wires in vehicles....
Been doing that s***t for years. Just duct tape your wires to it and slide it on in. I still like watching people d**k around with a clothes hanger. Had a guy refuse to try a zip tie when I recommended it, said he's gonna do it the "correct" and not the redneck way. The redneck way is using a Sawzall, but after he got finished with the clothes hangar it looked like he used a Sawzall anyways.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.