Wiring Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

2023 LTZ

CarAudio.com Exclusive
USA
Hola enthusiasts

I’m questioning if I’ve wired this second battery correctly.
I have a fused 0 ga running from the front battery to the trunk, there it meets the cap which is acting like a junction point. From the 2k cap 0ga goes fused to the battery and also to the 0 to 4ga fused splitter which feeds the amps.

Should I have a run going to the battery then a run off the battery to the cap then to the splitter?

It seems that the way I have it the single positive wire to the battery is theoretically having two way current. In to charge and out to support the flow of power.

Online doesn’t go real deep and covers the basics regarding parallel, series and wire sizing.

Bottom line is, should the second battery have a positive in to supply the battery and a positive out to supply the amps?

Or is that redundant?

This is fully grounded and I imagine that which way the grounding takes place is irrelevant.

83CD105A-5840-42B5-98E1-5BE3FD4A22F2.jpeg

I’m thinking that it’s redundant yet I’ve done it anyway. Although unrepresented the ground is present and adequate/substantial.
A4B06260-DC8F-4A16-B4D1-5C768C97D636.jpeg

If you're using a cap then you want it as close to the amplifier power the sub as possible...that way the amp has the sustained power during bass drops...

If you’re referring to that pic it’s the main 0ga power wire that splits into 2 4ga.

No signal wires are depicted.

There’s power to the second battery then an 18” fused positive run from the second battery feeding the cap then about 6” of wire from the cap to the splitter which splits 0 into (2) 4s for the amps.
12 ga speaker wire throughout.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...