Wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheOol
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Phoenix, AZ
I know this is a retarded question, but please try to help me out here.

I'm wiring two 4 ohm dvc type-r's in parallel for a 1 ohm load on a jbl 600.1. So the + from the amp goes to every + on the woofers, and the - on the amp goes to every - on the woofers.

Here's where i run into a problem. Do I put one wire into the + in my amp and split it up into four so I can run it to the +s on the woofers? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. Or, do i put multiple wires into the + on the amp so each + on the woofers gets it's own wire?

Any help is appreciated. I'm new to the installing game. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The terminals of your speaker should be shaped like the letter "L". Think of those as an "in and out". In one speakers voice coil and out to another until you get to the amplifier. Hope that makes sense.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.