wiring probs

Ok so I hooked the 12v constants to the 12v ignition on the back of the hu but not the car harness and hooked the remote to the car harness ignition wire. But I don't have an amp to test it. I still have to manually turn of the hu but do you think this will turn the amp off?

Are u hooking both power wires to the constant? If so find a 12v source that is off when the car is off and hook the 12v thats not ur constant to that, it is normaly the red wire.

To answer your? Yes when u turn ur hu off it should shut the amp off. But Imo you should find a wire, or run a new one. It really stinks having to try and find someone to jump u when u forget to shut it off.

Yea that's what im trying to avoid. How should I run a wire? Its really tough to do anything because the way its set up behind my hu it kicked my *** trying to run my rca's and remote

Your fuse panel may have a couple open spots you can run it from. And it might be a pain in the arse, but IMO its worth it. Did u double check and make sure u did not blow a fuse or anything. I find it odd that you had a a 12v wire that is getting current with car on but will not work.

I triple checked all the fuses and everything tinkered with all the wires and still no solution. I've never ran into this problem and i've wired many systems

What kind of car do you have? Try findind a forum for ur car and see if anyone there has any advice. If not u can run another wire or just turn it off. And like I said ur amp should shut off when the hu is off, but u will have to wait till u get one to know for sure.

I have an 01 buick lesabre. And I was trying to avoid a toggle switch. But my amp will be here Tuesday so I have till then to figure it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.